Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this id for all the 1jz or 2jz swap mk3 owners that did the swap and why did you do it. Since the majority of the owners opt to go single, what the purpose of doing a 1jz or 2jz when they can just ugrade the turbo on the 7mgte. I'm just curious on what was on the owners mind when they decided to do it. I always feel that the 7mgte has as much capabilities as the 1jz or 2jz if done right. And I go first.

1. The reason why I decided to do my 2jz swap is that I wanted a twin turbo set-up and more horsepwer and torgue from the 2jz. No single for me unless it's the 7mgte.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I decided that I needed a 1jz swap when my rings on my 7m went and i didnt wanna go rebuild.

Also a friend of mine is selling his and its a good deal and local.

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
i have done and messed with all 3 engines I am partial to the 7m just cause it reminds me of doing old school muscle car engine long strong lots of trq kinda like that old detriot iron. I have an never ending supply of stock 7m parts when I need parts i just go the shop or the storage shed and get them. Additionally I have worked on and built soo many 7ms i know how to do anything on them and the amount of time it takes and the weakness and strengths of the engine. What lil tricks I need to make it do what I want. And everyday I am learning more about aftermarket ways to make it more capable the pro efi system for example I really want one on a 7m to play and learn.

But the 2jz and 1jz have things i like too. A huge aftermarket for the 2j a stock front facing intake on both engines more didicated vaccum ports better fuel deliver system and a much better stock ignition system on both. I would rather do a 2j before a 1j just cause of parts availibilty is so much easier and faster to get 2j parts even though i know where to get most 1j parts i need just easier to get parts in a pinch. The 1j is a lot cheaper and easier to swap so each engine has its ups and its down.

I honestly just figured at this point 2jz and 1jz come single lol i am so used to seeing it that way. I would like to do a twin gt28 on a 2j/1j once just for fun lil daily with some kick. Weither to do the swap kind depends on what u have to start with and what u want. This is true of picking the engine and your turbo setup.

Now on a side note and in my opinion i would do a domestic v8 swap when shooting for 4 digit power or plannin on doing a LOT of drag racing parts are cheaper and power is easier to come by.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts