Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well DegreE has inspired me to get new shoes for my supie.

So anyway I have stock sawblades which I think are 16'. So since its my first car I havent had rim experience before and figured, Why not have my fellow mk3 lovers do it for me!

What I want is a nice set of rims for not more than $900 and silver or chrome. I want them to be one inch bigger which would be 17'. And I'd also like to have my back tire one size thicker. Would that be possible and would it even be good for my car? I would also need tires to go with this so please when you link me nice rims link me tires that go with it that aren't a shit load of cash. Anyways thanks for the help guys, my supra says thanks! *Honk honk*:cuddle:

Pat-

P.S. take a look at my hibernation thread to see my supra pics..

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can anyone choose the perfect package for me? I don't want to get my rims and then not have them fit right. :/

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please I need more answers guys! Im supposed to pick these out tomorrow and I wanna order something good. (Its a present )

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I understand but I need sizes like I described and all set and everything with a tire package ready to go all I need to do is purchase. Because Im not very good with wheels, so for under 900 can someone get me set of 4 rims with a tire package that will look good on my Mk3 89, and that are 17's with a bit bigger ones in the back, but I dont want massive ones. Idk if the ones that tsuper said if those were massive but whatever works best...THANKS SO MUCH GUYS! Please get back to me soon.

Please guys I need this by tomorrow morning! :(

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love them but there is no tires and nowhere to order. Just link me so I can have a place to directly order it. Im sorry Im just a bit stressed today I gatta get this shit figured out by tomorow morning and I need to go sleep in a few min. Please keep posting ideas guys.

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can ya help me out with that? What did you guys think of tsupers sizes, would those be good on a stock body mk3? Can you guys link me up so I can buy right away? topguncam if you can find all this for me by like 10:30 then ill repay you somehow, someday :)

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No man I mean the guy who had post #2 on this website haha would those sizes be good?

I won't answer anymore, but please keep posting ideas and LINKS.

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wheels under 900 i dont want expensive tires either please just find a good set of both and link me! i need this terrably...

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
If you go on the tirerack website, you enter your vehicle information and it will show you all the wheels and tires that fit on the vehicle specified. Its 100% idiot proof.

·
1989 Supra Turbo
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want rim sizes with correct tire sizes. I was thinking 17's with a little thicker in the back of the car. But idk how it works with offset and stuff. So anyway I'm probablly just going to go to the local rim shop and have them do it because I'm afraid of screwing something up.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
I want rim sizes with correct tire sizes. I was thinking 17's with a little thicker in the back of the car. But idk how it works with offset and stuff. So anyway I'm probably just going to go to the local rim shop and have them do it because I'm afraid of screwing something up.

They will rape you if you go to a custom wheel shop

How to measure offset.

Remove a wheel

Take a piece of string with a weight tied at one end.

Hold it against your fender @ 12o'clock and let it hang down past the hub.

Take a ruler or measuring tape and measure the distance from teh surface of the hub to the string.

(I don't know off the top of my head but lets say that its 4 inches)

If you want a 9"rim in the rear...

You measure 4 inches from teh outter lip of the wheel and you measure in 4 inches...

thats where you want the centerline of the wheel to be. To have it flush with the fender.

Then you take 9-4=5inches

Convert 5 inches to mm and there is your answer for offset.

(I hope I did it correctly, if anybody knows for sure please correct me)

So you'll need a 5inch or 127mm offset with a 9" wheel

1 - 20 of 52 Posts