Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I searched, and I searched for awhile. I am getting rid of my Racing Hart M5 wheels, I am going back to the stock polished wheels for now. I just don't like how the stock wheels sit so far in, so spacers are needed or something. I just don't know how big to get.

Thanks

In my MR2 days, we simply used this

http://mr2.gordaen.com/wt_calc.php

It works great, I wish someone would make one for us supra owners.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
get some 25mm spacers all around and you should be fine.-Of course 25mm per wheel, not per axle.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
How do you think the car will look with 20's all around? Do you guys think it will rub as well? Im in the market in doing the same thing. Where are you guys buying your spacers?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I have 19" rims on my car w/ dimensions 8.5F and 9.5 R with an offset of 30F and 25R.
The car is also lowered with some Tanabe springs by about 1.5". I had to roll the fenders at the rear, the front is untouched.
You can see the result underneath

·
Banned
395 Posts
i have some hub centric spacers that help u guy out they were installed once still shiny ew looking for cheap they are 25mm i paid 90 ...shoot me an offer i wa them gone

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A wider stance without a wider tire & wheel looks ridiculous. Just my .02
Didn't you also say that you cant stand the RMM/WW lip?

I plan on running at least a 285 size tire in the rear, and a 255 in the front.

I don't see much sense in me spending a bunch of money getting the wheels widened, when I don't plan on having them for that long, and on top of that, I am nervous about the strength of the wheel afterwards. I remember one member about 5 years ago or so, got his wheels widened, and something happened to one of the wheels, and he crashed his MKIV. Since then, I am kind of against it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
A wider stance without a wider tire & wheel looks ridiculous. Just my .02
I agree. Your car looks awesome by the way. Stock polished widened wheels and lowered is an awesome look for these cars, if you are keeping the aero stock of course.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^^^Thats about what I am looking for, I don't know how far my car is going to settle because I just lowered it yesterday on Bilsteins, and Tanabe Super Down Precedeos so I don't want to run into any rubbing issues. Did you use a a 8mm spacer in the back, and a wheel adapter in the front?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts