Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to run 10's on my MKIV what will it take to run 10's and still be very reliable enough to be a daily driver?

Also whats the est cost?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Single turbo

I wonder whats the cheapest set-up to get into the 10's....?

Would you want and auto or 6speed?
full slicks...
Obviously a full 3"+ exhaust
single turbo + NOS or just turbo? (depends on 6sp/Auto)
Fuel you would need...stock system won't run 10s

I think you can get there for maybe $7k....any ideas for the cheapest 10second streetable hot rod?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
According to Fast and Furious all we need it NOS!:D

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Re: Single turbo

SilverTT said:
I wonder whats the cheapest set-up to get into the 10's....?

Would you want and auto or 6speed?
full slicks...
Obviously a full 3"+ exhaust
single turbo + NOS or just turbo? (depends on 6sp/Auto)
Fuel you would need...stock system won't run 10s

I think you can get there for maybe $7k....any ideas for the cheapest 10second streetable hot rod?
2 big bottles of it :D

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think $7k is a little on the low side for 10's ;) ... I wish that was true... Id say get an SP63 or similar turbo, if automatic.. or if you are a real number hungry/top end craving kind of guy you could go with something massive, but that is better suited for a 6speed and getting 10's out of it would require some bad ass driving or some NOS.. autos seem to kick serious ass with a smaller turbo in the 1/4 mile... although an SP63/PHRstage2 isnt really all that small, but more or less perfect Id say :D

but as far as cost...

$5500 for turbo system... $1200+ install/labor
$3000 fuel system, installed.
$1000 VPC
$4800 Tranny/Torque converter (if auto)
$........ all necessary electronics, guages, etc..
$1500 BPU... Stuff

I know im leaving a few things out, but that sums it up... if you dont have an automatic you dont need that tranny, just a bad ass clutch should do the trick :D ... everytime I add all the stuff up I get sorta depressed though, because I usually at first think $5k for single turbo.. then totally ignore the other million things I need, and the transmission/fuel system sure arent as small of a purchase as Id like them to be.. ah well.. I guess thats what loans are for... but hey, im 19 going on 20.. so this stuff isnt all that in my reach for a few more months yet :(

I suppose you could get into the 10's much cheaper with a massive shot of nitrous and the BPU++ ... stuff, I believe a massive shot of NoS would require Fuel system and what not though... probably not too safe to run a massive shot unless you build up the motor though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts