Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an experiment involving a perfectly good 89+ ecu in working condition and what was left of the 7m harness from my last swap.

till now, i didnt think there was any use for what was left of the 7M harness. but im perfecting my ECU SMT soldering and plug depinning.

so if anyone has leftover 7MGTE harnesses, im looking for the 3 ECU connectors with at least 8" of wire attached to them.

if youve got'em, lemme know. i want them... that is, if youer just gonna throw them away.

thanks
chris

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey justin, i was practicing my SMT soldering technique and the R&R of harness pins for the ecu plugs. i figured since no one uses the 7Mgte ecu plugs off the harness, that other 1jz guys would be a good source for the connectors. ive already started playing around w/ the ecu and connectors from brad's car. if all goes well, ill post back up w/ my results and pics.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
i got a 7mgte 92 automatic turbo harness its complete besides the 3 ports that go into the ecu cause it was used for a 1jz swap.

edit: nvm lol you only need the 3 ports. :)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you saying the harness has EVERYTHING except the 3 harness connectors that plug into the ecu? cuz out of anything, im looking for the 3 plugs that go into the ECU with as much wire on them as possible.

if you do indeed have the 3 plugs for the ECU intact, let me know if you feel like donating them for my experiment ;)

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
i have a pre 89 grey plug harness.. lmk, haha

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i thought the pre89's were yellow plugs? and the 89+ were the gray plugs? but hey, if you wanna lop off those ECU plugs w/ about 8" of wire on them and send them my way, ill throw ya some bling.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
lol yea.. i thought it had 89+ wiring, but its all pre 89 stuff.. and its not that early of a 89 (2/89) pre 89 xmember wiring and wing.. but grey pre89 plugs.. threw me for a loop.. if you want them still lmk... (pm me)

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that is Vierd...id like to see that noise. so, basically gray colored 88 plugs? do you still have the ecu taht the harness plugged into?

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea.. out of a na car..

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh... im looking for GTE stuffs... lol. if my practice makes perfect, ill have something thats worth hanging onto.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
yah i dont have the 3 connectors to the ecu.. sorry man.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
right on, thanks for checkin... anyone else?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts