Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Car guy
803 Posts
Your right.I dont really have a place to put the DEFI control unit at the moment, but i will figure something out soon. Its my least worries at the moment. Thx for the comments.

And the plastic wrap around my signal stalk has been removed. It was for protection but it god too old looking.
BTW, regarding the TRD hood, can you guys believe that the hood on my car is actually the oem hood !!??
Yup, someone once posted a thread here about him cutting his oem hood, and i got the measurements from him and BAM, almost no one can tell the difference, right :)
I know its not the best thing to do, but i did save alot of cash by doing so. And even when i stand right next to the car i can't really tell the difference.
Anyways, Thanks alot for all the great comments guys

alex
Your car looks much better. Do you have info about cutting oem hood? John

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well, a guy on here posted the pic of his hood with all the measurments required for the cutting process. And since i went through the whole thing using his numbers i can tell you that his measurments are about 98% accurate. Hold on i will try to find the thread or the picture for you...

alex

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok. Sorry to disapoint you , but i kinda suck at searching for older threads. I'm pretty sure you can see all threads posted by a member at any time, but i just couldnt out how to do it.
John, i once posted a thread titled " Full paint job" something like that, asking members to give me their opinion on which color i should go with. I'm pretty sure the hood measurments were posted in that thread by a member. Gook luck

alex

·
intarwebs master
1,393 Posts
Man, whoever owned that car BEFORE you really wanted a mustang... thank you for saving it from what was appearing to be an untimely and slow death ;)...

I'm with the others, the gauges screwed into the dash are no good - and the tach is just silly... I mean short of being a full on drag car, I can't come up with any reason to have a tach that size right in my line of vision...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ok. Sorry to disapoint you , but i kinda suck at searching for older threads. I'm pretty sure you can see all threads posted by a member at any time, but i just couldnt out how to do it.
John, i once posted a thread titled " Full paint job" something like that, asking members to give me their opinion on which color i should go with. I'm pretty sure the hood measurments were posted in that thread by a member. Gook luck

alex
Is this the thread?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=544460&highlight=trd+hood+cut

·
Built 2 enjoy NOT garage
505 Posts

·
Car guy
803 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yep, thanks.
John,print the page with the yellow Supra that has the measurements and than use a marker or something to do the lines on the hood, and than take it to a good place to cut it. Please post pics once you are done. I hope it will work out for you as it did for me.

alex

·
Where to now?
814 Posts
obviously tach, interior is nice though otherwise.

btw, how long you lived in doha? i was over there back in 07, very pretty city. i dont recall seeing any supras but i did see this red ralliart evo alot parked out in front of the mall.

·
(overspooled)
2,836 Posts
much improved. I like a more oem body/ interior appearance myself. I would go with oem bumper/ skirts, but wing and hood look pretty good. interior is much improved, but I like a more subtle oem appearance though. scrap the tach, put the gauges on the pillar if you must...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like how it looks but i dont like the BIG rpm meter and like everyone else the rims .But everything else its awesome :)

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
I like the Top Secret hood over the TRD hood too. Lose the eyelids and the grill in the front bumper.
That's not a TRD hood,it's a stock hood with holes cut to imitate TRD hood,

21 - 40 of 60 Posts