Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After seeing some TH400 cars with that neat shifter this weekend, I decided to spruce up the ol' girl...
From this.....

To this....

Shifter in Park

Shifter in Drive

The shifter is from Autozone $19.99,it's for Auto/manual cars, the shift boot is from Honda $39.99. The seats are out
of an S2K, and the wheels is from a 2001 Celica GT-S.

The manu button is still underneath the leather boot. I relocated the O/D switch to the opposite
side of the shifter underneath the boot. also. Works great !!! PITA to do but it's woth it. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
post a full shot of interior since you installed seats are you getting black carpet? Shifter looks great.

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll prolly get a dark charcoal carpet. Too much black as there is. Seats,doors,dash...
Here's an interior shot just for you and an exterior ones too !!! You can tell which pics I took !!! I suck with this new camera !!!

The gold you see in these pics is the paint. It has a gold pearl on top of the Ren Red.
Thanks go out to member Dayzzie for these pics !!!:D

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of brakets did you use for the s2000 seats?

thanks

The front holes had to be wiggled out a lil. The back brackets had to be cut off and re-welded 2inches forward. No biggie. $50 by a local.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
so , you have met Marla?

haha, i noticed the first post says "shitter" instead of shifter...haha.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Ok I must say that is the sweetest color red I have ever seen. Good job. Did you just add the boot to the stock auto surround? I am assuming because you didn't say anything about getting a 6-speed surround.

Alex

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so , you have met Marla?

haha, i noticed the first post says "shitter" instead of shifter...haha.
Yes, I've met/broke bread with Marla at the BBQ I hosted this past weekend.
Go take a look at the pics in the thread here... http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422312

The shitter has been changed. :D

nice ride. What size tires are those? What's your suspension?
Thanks, I have 275/30/19 rears and 235/35/19 fronts. I'm sitting on the Eibach/Koni setup.

Very nice...looks good
Ok I must say that is the sweetest color red I have ever seen. Good job. Did you just add the boot to the stock auto surround? I am assuming because you didn't say anything about getting a 6-speed surround.

Alex

Thanks Alex. I just reused the auto surround. this was a spur of the moment thing. I was walking
down the aisle in my local Autozone and the shifter caught my eye. You no what happens with
idle hands....

I'll get a 6spd surround eventually.

LOL, def threw me off as well
o
Hey...I was tired and hungry did not proof read until you guys noticed it !!!:D

·
Headlight Restorer
1,108 Posts
drrrrrrroooooooooolllllllllll................

Brian, we gatta do that on MINE!!!!! I do your headlights, you do that for me??? lol.
Looks REALLLLLLLLY good. just one question for ya, is there a overdrive button?

JP

·
ESE CULO
2,962 Posts
Oh wow I might do this too lol. My automatic shifter has scratches already and it collects dust so I might as well right? How long did it take you to do all this?

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Dangggg! thats some nice little upgrades to your interior. I like everything except the S2K seats, they look good just not my cup of tea. you mind doing a little write up on the install of the shifter w/ OD buttion. Mines look like shit, the leather part on my is all beat up.

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
drrrrrrroooooooooolllllllllll................

Brian, we gatta do that on MINE!!!!! I do your headlights, you do that for me??? lol.
Looks REALLLLLLLLY good. just one question for ya, is there a overdrive button?

JP
Yes JP you still have the O/D and Manu buttons. The O/D button is to the left of the shifter,
under the leather boot. You can easily hit it with your hand on the knob. The manu button
is on the right of the shifter knob under the leather. Drive with it for a while and you'll get used
to the locations.

You push down on the knob to move it into gear BTW.

I took me an hour to do this. most of the time was for engineering how everything would work/go.
As far as the write-up, i wish I would have taken pics. But I'll do JP's and take pics.

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Thanks Alex. I just reused the auto surround. this was a spur of the moment thing. I was walking
down the aisle in my local Autozone and the shifter caught my eye. You no what happens with
idle hands....

I'll get a 6spd surround eventually.
Yeah, I feel the same way. After I saw your pics i said eff it and ordered the knob and the boot off of ebay right after. They were about $25 for both shipped. If the e-bay boot sucks then I will replace when I get a 6speed surround. If the knob feels like crap, I will just get a genuine MOMO, no big deal. :)

Alex

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Got a question that might sound stupid. But does the shifter need to be an auto shifter or can it be one for a manual ???

And if it needs to be an auto, can it be one like this:

Fits all Toyota and Lexus models vehicles with gate type automatic transmission (without overdrive button on the knob itself).

and how do you rewire your OD button somewhere else?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts