Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......I was making in excess of 750+whp and ran 11's

:supra1000::blah::dunno::scratch::urowned::doh::tear::furious::eek::rant2:

The above displayed me throughout the day at the track. During this month's local Import Wars bracket series, I found myself lost without ant-lag. Let me tell you, a Supra with a big turbo and no boost off the line isn't going anywhere (not that this is news to any of us). The damn thing would bog so hard on my 28" Hoosiers that it would sometimes fall below 3000rpm. We are talking about MAYBE 3psi with just the rev limiter (no antilag). It was rough to say the least.

First Run:
60' 2.368
1/4 12.738
MPH 123.13
Notes: 17psi, softest suspension setting, 17psi in slicks

Second Run:
60' 2.212
1/4 11.712
MPH 140.99
Notes: 29psi, mid stiff suspension, 17psi in slicks

Third Run:
60' 2.230
1/4 11.766
MPH 139.51

Fourth Run:
60' 2.390
1/4 12.074
MPH 141.39

The ONLY reason I'm posting this is because of the old saying about all Supra's ranging from 400whp-800whp running 11's. I suppose the higher trap speeds after turning up the boost aren't too bad, but it's always rough to not be able to get out of the hold like I usually do. I'll be back to redeem myself!

Flame suit, ON.

Reid

·
Registered
138 Posts
Damn good trap speed of 141 though Man if it was possible to come out of the hole hard your time would be insane but what can you do

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn good trap speed of 141 though Man if it was possible to come out of the hole hard your time would be insane but what can you do
thats masive mph / get that 60 ft down / what supension are you runing ?
The car ran a 10.63 last year with my old turbo setup at a higher boost level. I know it's going to run much faster but wasn't able to do much today without the launch control. I have Tein Flex coilovers.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm getting pampered with my stalled auto, didn't realize how good I had it until earlier this year I took out my 93sc300 (5spd/pt6265) and bogged bad off the line, so disappointing, never tried anti-lag myself but I can see that it's much more necessary in a manual.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
I went to the track this past weekend and did the same thing. My tight stall only allows for 3k at the line, so needless to say went no where and resulted in a 12.3 @ 120 @ 18psi, lol.

·
Boost Junkie
12,800 Posts
Man, you are just asking for trouble posting up this thread. I personally wouldn't have even bothered without antilag. You can get a way with it with the smaller turbos, but not the big ones. Oh well!

Steve

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
You must race at a REALLY well-prepped track and/or those tires must REALLY stick. I can't believe you couldn't get it out of the hole without a 2-step considering guys where running mid 9's without it back in the day. You just need to launch like an AWD car without a 2-step -- quickly bump the revs several times up to 5500-6000 or so to get the turbo moving and then on a rev upswing hold WOT and then quickly slip out the clutch. The key is you have to be holding WOT while you release the clutch or you will big. If you still bog with this method you need to increase your RPM and/or slip the clutch a little longer. If a big twin AWD Stealth with 4 QTP's at 12psi can get out of the hole with a 1.4 60' without any launch aids and no nitrous then there's no excuse. ;)

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Ahhhh... That makes sense. That's an absolute guaranteed fail!

·
Premium Member
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What spring rate ? Have u cut ur bump stops ? Sorry to bomb u with ? But I have the tein as well just seeing if u can set them up right , as my 60ft is the same as u
Front: 14kg/mm 783lbs/in
Rear: 8kg/mm 448lbs/in

I have pulled 1.5X 60' times on these so far. I don't have my bump stops cut.

I'm getting pampered with my stalled auto, didn't realize how good I had it until earlier this year I took out my 93sc300 (5spd/pt6265) and bogged bad off the line, so disappointing, never tried anti-lag myself but I can see that it's much more necessary in a manual.
what happened to that fancy proefi traction control?
I had the traction turned off. This isn't a traction issue, I had too much traction. Just didn't have enough power out of the hole without the antilag.

I went to the track this past weekend and did the same thing. My tight stall only allows for 3k at the line, so needless to say went no where and resulted in a 12.3 @ 120 @ 18psi, lol.
Trust me I feel your pain! I'm dying to get back out there again with the antilag properly set up.

Do you have the QSV on you turbo setup?
\

No QSV....yet :D

Man, you are just asking for trouble posting up this thread. I personally wouldn't have even bothered without antilag. You can get a way with it with the smaller turbos, but not the big ones. Oh well!

Steve
LOL yeah I know it Steve. I thought that I turned it back on but it was only the 2-step. By the time the revs came down, I was below 3000rpm and was even at 2300rpm once!

You must race at a REALLY well-prepped track and/or those tires must REALLY stick. I can't believe you couldn't get it out of the hole without a 2-step considering guys where running mid 9's without it back in the day. You just need to launch like an AWD car without a 2-step -- quickly bump the revs several times up to 5500-6000 or so to get the turbo moving and then on a rev upswing hold WOT and then quickly slip out the clutch. The key is you have to be holding WOT while you release the clutch or you will big. If you still bog with this method you need to increase your RPM and/or slip the clutch a little longer. If a big twin AWD Stealth with 4 QTP's at 12psi can get out of the hole with a 1.4 60' without any launch aids and no nitrous then there's no excuse. ;)
The reason guys did it years back is because they had 26" tires and slipped the hell out of the clutch. I wasn't going to waste my clutch away knowing that this was a tuning error. I'll get back out there. No excuses for these times, my own fault for not knowing the antilag wasn't back on.

Reid was screwed anyway that you look at it. The 2 step was on but no antilag so the RPMs would not go past 4500 if the car was sitting still. Therefore it would not build any boost.
THANKS MASTER TUNER!!!

Ahhhh... That makes sense. That's an absolute guaranteed fail!
Guaranteed it was. lol

Traps are good, definitely go 9's once you get the anti lag setup. What is your drag setup?
Thanks! The drag wheels are GTO fronts with M&H 26"x4.5"x17" and the rears are FC RX7 rims with Hoosier QTP 28"x11.5"x16".

Reid

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
Can't wait to try those 28" QTP's once I burn up my ET Streets. I'd love to have too much traction. :) Are you running tubes in them?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts