Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Dyno and I had some pretty good numbers for a big block v-8. Although they werent as impressive as a Supra. I wish I had one, maybe in the future, When im little more finacially secure. well anyway I had a top hp of 432.8 and 521.3lb-ft I hope to get some better ET's this year, I have Roller Rockers.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice Job! Do you have any pics? You should be in the 10's with some traction. My first car was a 67 Buick GS!

Originally posted by BigQuickBuick:
I went to the Dyno and I had some pretty good numbers for a big block v-8. Although they werent as impressive as a Supra. I wish I had one, maybe in the future, When im little more finacially secure. well anyway I had a top hp of 432.8 and 521.3lb-ft I hope to get some better ET's this year, I have Roller Rockers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Something is horribly out of whack here!!
I call BS! 432 rwhp pulling 129 mph traps in a 72 Buick Skylark?!? My buddy has a built 454 in his 70 Camaro and with slicks he runs 12.4'[email protected] mph. IMO, you are on crack to claim those numbers, unless your car is a gutted out tin can with no floors, no interior, no dash, no seats..including the drivers seat, no glass, no hood, no fenders, no trunk lid...! I had a 70 Chevelle SS396 so I know what a beast an A-body GM car is and I call BS!! And was this N/A Supra running a 400 hp shot of spray!?!

Dave
93 SP60 N/A-T
Baltic Blue

Originally posted by BigQuickBuick:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by BalticBlueMKIV:
Something is horribly out of whack here!!
I call BS! 432 rwhp pulling 129 mph traps in a 72 Buick Skylark?!? My buddy has a built 454 in his 70 Camaro and with slicks he runs 12.4'[email protected] mph.

[
well he DOES have a large amount of torque... and something is wrong with your buddy's camaro if it only runs 107 on a built 454. even 1HP/ci is 454 hp. and the camaro isnt heavy.

elgorcho

·
Super Big D. Moderator
1,078 Posts
skylarks are NOT heavy.. your friends camaro is just slow as a balls.. 430ish rwhp and 530 ft # will give those numbers.. tell your friend to have his motor checked.
d.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts