Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holla!
just got the call from Jason down at Kirkland Toyota telling me I've got orientation on thursday, and then I'll be starting to work there.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Kick ass Kyle ----- Give Rick a hard time for me ;) "rick= back counter parts guru"

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mark-
I'm going to be working as a lube tech/mechanic in training/schooling. I plan to go to school through them to become a master tech.
haha, tony, I don't know wages yet, but better than 9.50 is what he said.
Thanks mike.

I'll try and remember there shawn, I'm sure you'll have to remind me. It looks like we're gunna have quite a few supra owners working there. One of the new guys over on Supramania just started working there, he let me know about it, and he said there was another 2 people I think that owned supras, one a mktreal.
;)

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Mark-
I'm going to be working as a lube tech/mechanic in training/schooling. I plan to go to school through them to become a master tech.
haha, tony, I don't know wages yet, but better than 9.50 is what he said.
Thanks mike.
Sounds like a decent plan Kyle...although it will beat the enthusiast out of you long term. We have two techs that were lubbies to start and worked their way through school. We have the added benefit of a T-ten program (Toyota sponsored and funded) at the local community college here (pimptrizkit is in it), so we have no shortage of kids looking for the same thing. It can lead to a good career for sure. My dad turned wrenches for a living, that's how I got into cars. But he always told me not to do it...yet somehow I ended up working a parts counter for a local auto parts store, and that led to a job at Vancouver...where I've been for 11 years now. Wish you the best!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mark,techs in training up here have Shoreline CC T-Ten program.I'm sure that's where they will send Kyle "I have several T-ten licence plates from them".

Kyle,we'll talk more,but,having dealt with all the local dealerships up here,all I can add,is stay out of shop politics :D the best you can.

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a decent plan Kyle...although it will beat the enthusiast out of you long term. We have two techs that were lubbies to start and worked their way through school. We have the added benefit of a T-ten program (Toyota sponsored and funded) at the local community college here (pimptrizkit is in it), so we have no shortage of kids looking for the same thing. It can lead to a good career for sure. My dad turned wrenches for a living, that's how I got into cars. But he always told me not to do it...yet somehow I ended up working a parts counter for a local auto parts store, and that led to a job at Vancouver...where I've been for 11 years now. Wish you the best!!
We'll see.
I love working on cars, and just as anything will run you dry if you do it for a long long time, I except it to at least a little.
Thanks for the insight mark.

·
MMMM Smells like coolant
213 Posts
Hey Kyle whats the right lube for Muffler bearings? I have been told white lithium but I dont know.

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
Kick ass Kyle ----- Give Rick a hard time for me ;) "rick= back counter parts guru"

hmmm........ who are you? Is this Shawn from Nix?

And I wouldn't give Rick a hard time if you don't know him! He could make your life Hell!!! hahahaha

Steve Ishii.

·
Registered
556 Posts
hmmm........ who are you? Is this Shawn from Nix?

And I wouldn't give Rick a hard time if you don't know him! He could make your life Hell!!! hahahaha

Steve Ishii.

Steve,yes,this is Shawn - previously of Nix.I now work in the Biodiesel industry,no more JYD :D

·
DON'T BLAME ME!!!
826 Posts
Congrats!

Kyle;
Tell me when I can come in, for a blinker fluid change!

P.S. Is your new nickname gonna' be "Lube Boy"?!:kekegay: LOL!

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kyle;
Tell me when I can come in, for a blinker fluid change!

P.S. Is your new nickname gonna' be "Lube Boy"?!:kekegay: LOL!
Will do! Gotta keep on top of that blinker fluid, don't want to blow a gasket on that shit. ;)

Only for you Tommy boy!
HAHA!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts