Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a 3800 Performance Industries Stall installed at AAMCO yesterday and here is my story.....

Well, something is screwed on my car now. It was working good at first (about the first 30 miles). Now it wants to tach to 4000 even under light throttle before it shifts. Also, just idling in park I hear a sound like a fan spinnig around with a bent fan blade just barely nicking the edge of something. (ting ting ting ting ting) Also, sometime it will just act like the tranny or stall is not kicking in at all and just let the engine rev like in neutral. My real question, is the the new stall or the tranny? I am taking it to a different tranny shop today to have them check it out. I guess I may be ordering the sp tranny soon if it turns out to be the tranny. Also, the O/D light is flashing on and off with the trac fuse in. What do you think?

And guess what, my new nitto 555r drag radials picked up a sheet metal screw on the way home from the tire shop and now one of my new tires are flat in the driveway this morning. Beautiful. mad:

UPDATE: My friend was on the way to the transmission shop this morning and about a mile from my house the transmission or torque converter completely quit working. I had to call roadside ass. to get it towed to the shop. This is a f'n nightmare and it's just getting worse.

Down on my luck,
SwamiBob:

·
powered by
998 Posts
This is a guess, but it happed to me once on a diiferernt car. I was replacing the front pump oring, and had to remove the torque convertor. When reinstalling the convertor into the tranny, I failed to properly align the "cutouts" on the convertor with the "teeth" in the front pump. When I put the tranny back in the car-with the convertor not be installed all the way-it snapped the front pump drive gear. The car ran absoutly fine for about 35 miles until it was towed back in.I guess thats when it just all let go. I could have put just a gear in it, but we opted to put in another tranny. This was not a supra, nor was it rearwheel drive, but it was a toyota and the trans are similar. I wouldn't be surprized if this is what happened-not at all hard to do. It was doing the same thing as your description. Have the shop look at the front pump gear. If this was the case-it likely screwed up the torque convertor as well. Hope this helps-

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is bullshit if a transmission shop can't do this properly if that is what happened. Will the other shop be able to say for sure this is what happened?

·