Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, what is the best place for the IAC hose to run. I've seen a few people just out breathers on it, others run it to their Intake pipe. Reason why I'm asking is I just ordered a new Intske pipe and will have to tap into it for the hose. I'm running a fully built single. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I had a bung welded on my intake pipe, and ran a hose to it. Since my intake pipe is a "cold air" intake, I like the same for the IAC. I am probably the only one that has an aftermarket pipe setup like stock.

The name IAC is a misnomer as it makes people think it only works at idle. Far from the truth, as it works any time the engine is pulling a vacuum, which is most of the time. With a simple K&N on the IAC, you are pulling in very hot underhood air.

We're not talking about a big difference here, but every little bit helps.

Al

·
Toyota MasterTech
939 Posts
How do you guys feel about having it connect to the fmic piping from the fmic to the tbody? Mines not set up like that, but I had thought about it. I'm assuming that there would be no chance of any leaking this way, due to boost being on both sides while boosting...just curious.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is jdm so map not a maf, was planning on running it to the intake pipe just wanted to see if there was any other options or what people had done.

·
Registered
945 Posts
How do you guys feel about having it connect to the fmic piping from the fmic to the tbody? Mines not set up like that, but I had thought about it. I'm assuming that there would be no chance of any leaking this way, due to boost being on both sides while boosting...just curious.
I haven't done this either, but this is what I was thinking too since they are on the same side

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
If you're going to put a hole in a pipe, why not put in in the correct pipe? Boost pressure could easily blow off a small hose with a worm clamp on it.

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts