Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There is a pipe that runs in back of the block right at the top of the engine bay. It takes air from the intake and goes right near the back of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
supracar said:
Thank you very much for the picture.. this helps more than a 1000 words ;)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
So I just need to take this apart and make sure its clean? Anything to look out for while doing this? It is easy to get to and just a few bolts.
jeff

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
isn't this post supposed to be somewhere else other than the NA section?

·
1st 2jz 240 swap EVER
237 Posts
hey supracar could you tell me where these vacuum lines are supposed to go. i have T going to my boost gage, is that right? i was thinkinit went to the stock boost gage on the supra dash. and what is that white valve in the pick, a one way valve?
any help would be appreciated
thanks Dane

·
Registered
193 Posts
The thing in the larger circle is actually the two-way filter that came with my Profec B boost controller. The other thing circled is a vacuum splitter so I can run my boost controller off that one vac port on the manifold. I've since relocated that to the back of the intake manifold as I took the egr assembly off. Basically that vac port on the manifold splits off to one line that runs under the manifold and to the sensors mounted on the side of it. You should be able to T your boost gauge off that line with no problems.

·
1st 2jz 240 swap EVER
237 Posts
ok thanks a lot supracar, one other q, do you know anything that would cause irradic idle? i just fired up my car with the engine in it. it just has the headers on it no DP and the thing seems to idle really high, i have yet to hook up a tach but it sounds too fast. then after a little while it goes into an irradic idle raising up a couple hundred rpms and then falling. i dont know if its wiring or what but any help would be appreciated.
Dane

1 - 12 of 12 Posts