Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother is in FL to retrieve belongings from a condo, and ran across an obviously much loved Supra targa today that met its fate in hurricane Ian. I don't know anything about it, or where it will end up, but this was on the ground floor and the surge at this location was at least 10 feet. Bummer. Salt water flooding makes it a total.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire

· Registered
531 Posts
I'm very lucky and only got mine's this year

Really once the rain flood resides+engulfs the front the engines are no more, no save?

EDIT: @Bruder how you holding up from turd Ian? Hope your A70 did not get submerged however she is parked
I was 60 miles north of the damage. We only got a constant drizzling rain with occasional wind gusts. Not much damage. Just a few tree limbs and lots of leaf debris. The big worry was a water level surge but we were on the clean side of the storm. The wind was pushing away from land and drained Tampa Bay. The same thing happened in 2004 with hurricane Charley. It turned in at Punta Gorda, which is very close to Ian's path. I suppose a lot of dunker cars will be turning up in the parts yard in the near future.

· Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd buy an engine that was flooded if it was stationary, and I got it within a week or so. There are ways to dry an engine. If it was running when submerged, it's not worth the chance of damage from hydrolocking. However, the sensors and servo motors would likely be shot. But this is not rainwater. It's ocean salt water which is many times worse. Where that Supra was parked, it got over 10 feet deep. Sad. I'd still love to have bits off it, of course. Hope someone finds it and does some good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts