Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my lower intercooler piping is dented..the section near the intercooler in the front bottom that bends towards the rear of the car. my mechanic couldn't pull the dent back out are there any replacement pipes for that section?

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
supratkfy said:
my lower intercooler piping is dented..the section near the intercooler in the front bottom that bends towards the rear of the car. my mechanic couldn't pull the dent back out are there any replacement pipes for that section?
are we talkin the actual metal pipe that comes off the IC itself? im assuming because the rest are rubber and plastic....

if so your best bet would to be just get another stock IC for like 50 bucks...rather then deal with the hassle of replacing that piece.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
If the dent isnt too bad and it didnt leak, I wouldnt worry too much about it. How did you mamage to dent it anyway?

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the dent that comes off the intercooler itself. i don't kno how the dent got there since i bought the car like that couple months back. the dent is kinda of bad since it seems like its all the way in. could this be a probllem?

Y

·
0 Posts
my intercooler slightly bends in in the middle, makes it hard to fit into the car. I've had no problems with it. btw, the dude who owned the car before me got into an accident. I've had no problems with it, still does it joband all that.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks i was just wondering if it would restrict airflow or won't do its job. it doesn't leak or anything so i should be fine?

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
A dent might slightly restrict airflow, but as long as it dosent leak, you should be OK. If you are worried, you could always get another IC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts