Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have dual walbo hp fuel pumps, dual -6 feeds, 720cc injectors, sp rail, and I plan to run up to about 750rwhp or so. Where do you think I should set my static fuel pressure? Right now it's at 45 psi when the motor is off, and about 38 psi with it on. Think I should turn it up 5 psi? Thanks.

-Paul

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only 45 psi? Some people are running a lot more than that I know. I'm only using 720cc injectors, not 850-880cc. You don't think it's necessary? Or is there a reason not to run higher? I just want to decide before I start tuning. Thanks.

·
Sooooooo JDM
1,221 Posts
Paul, your FP is fine. You are seeing 38 with it running because it's pulling a vaccum on your FP regulator. With the hose pulled, 45 PSI is good. Running too high a static FP is not good on injectors. You may be able to eek out a little more power by running the higher pressure, but you are still running on the ragged edge to achieve that on 720's. Keep an eye on FP and if you start leaning out up top, step up to 850's. Better to just start with the 850's if that's your goal, but everyone's md path is a little different with respect to $$.

Ryan

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Aren't you running an AEM now Paul???

You ask some of the goofiest questions BTW !! :)

If you have an AEM, you can tune it for any fuel pressure although ideally you should keep your static pressure between 35 and 50. 43-45 is where we set them!

Larry
SP

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. LOL, yeah I do ask some silly questions sometimes, but I just like to double-check things once in awhile. I guess I'll just leave it at 45 psi then! Yep, I'm running an AEM now, it rocks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts