Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have my front stock MKIV rims widened to 17x11 and move them to the rear and run the 17x9.5 in the front.

Assuming the 12.7mm of offset for ever 1" added to the rim( 3" total) my front(now the rear) wheel will have a offset of +88.1. So to get back to the 50mm offset a 1.5" spacer(38.1mm) will need to be installed on the rear.

That all being said is a 50mm offset "ideal" for a 17x11 with a 315/35/17 tire? I've looked around and have seen everthing from needing more like +52mm or less +48mm.

TIA

· Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
113 Posts
Just so I'm 100% on what you are saying , the 57mm offset will allow a 11" wide rim without rolling the fender at all? Great link man!!!!
Yep! The car can accept 8.25" of backspacing and clear the suspension so the firthest you can push the 11" inwards to have that backspacing number the furthest away it will be from the outside of the fender. On an 11" wide wheel a 8.25" backspacing converts to a 57mm offset.

I only mentioned a range because if you do roll you can lower the backspacing number which pushes the wheel outwards towards the fender and still can be done but then requires the fender to be rolled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.