Supra Forums banner

Ideal turbo turbine sizes?

690 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  cjpp78 
#1 ·
Okay so what is the ideal turbine sizes for the compressor and exhaust side?

Will a turbo with a .57 compressor and .84 A/R work well on the 7m?

#3 ·
survey says the number answer is.......

Depends. No not the adult diapers!

The ideal size depends on the application that is going to be used for. For instance that last thing you want is to run a gt42r on a road racer or autocross, or a gt25 on a drag raced 5.0 mustang ;)

#5 ·
LordLo said:
Probably just about 450 hp or so, but I would like the boost to still kick in around 3,000 rpms or so. I still want the car to be streetable in stop and go traffic and not have it lag a ton.

well then you are down to a handful of turbos then

the boss series from suprasport
gt35r
perhaps the sp61/pt

#7 ·
ant, do you mean you see positive manifold pressure at 2600rpm, and full boost by 3800? what is fullboost, 16psi or what? what size inducer is on that 4082? is that a .86ish exhaust A/R?

#8 ·
flubyux2 said:
ant, do you mean you see positive manifold pressure at 2600rpm, and full boost by 3800? what is fullboost, 16psi or what? what size inducer is on that 4082? is that a .86ish exhaust A/R?
Yes I saw positive manifold pressure at 2600rpms, and it was making 20psi by 3800rpms. The inducer is a .58 and the turbine ar was .82 for the exhaust. this is with the GT4082 with the optional .82ar exhaust vband t04 flanged housing option from precision turbo. Chevyeater can attest to this since I let him take it out for a test drive to see that was not imagining this.

#9 ·
thats just simply beautiful... that wouldnt happen to have one of those bad-ass 5-axis cnc machined borg-warner compressor wheels, would it? my friend has one on his car, but i think his turbo technically classifies as a GT42 series. it makes 16psi on wG spring by 3800 in 4th gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.