Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
M3 Killer!!!!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, heres the deal, I removed my rear seats and in its place I built a custom speaker box that holds two twelves. Im wanting to get rid of my box(its plywood, heavy as hell) and Id like to put a sparco harness bar behind the seat, which at this point I cant do, cause of the box. So even if I have someone fiberglass my rear end to hold the speakers, what do you do with all that dead space between the trunk and the end of the black carpet behind your front seats? I dont want the metal in my car showing? What have you guys done or what ideas do you have? Thanks

·
Member Thingy
1,119 Posts
I have been through two different rear seat deletes. I eventually settled on re-installing the back seat, but am now workikng on gutting the top half of the seat, so that it is just a cusion. The idea is that visually it looks identical to stock and retains the sound deadening properties the stock seat has, but weighs about 30 lbs less without all the seatbelt hardware, and without the internal metal frame and wood backing of the back seat. Since no one sits back there, no seatbelts are not a problem for me.

·
M3 Killer!!!!
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kale said:
I have been through two different rear seat deletes. I eventually settled on re-installing the back seat, but am now workikng on gutting the top half of the seat, so that it is just a cusion. The idea is that visually it looks identical to stock and retains the sound deadening properties the stock seat has, but weighs about 30 lbs less without all the seatbelt hardware, and without the internal metal frame and wood backing of the back seat. Since no one sits back there, no seatbelts are not a problem for me.

Thats an idea, I just dont want a back seat, but at the same time, when your in the front seat and look to the back, I want it to be esthically(sp?) pleasing, ya know? +1 rep for the input though :bigthumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts