Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
installed nur-spec rear section on my NA. started her up, deep sound(idel was around 500RPM)....left it on for like 5 minutes.

then decided to reset my ecu, by un pluggin the negative side of battery(for like 2 minutes). installed negative back to battery, turned keys, it started up! then RPM(was around 500 or less) fell then died.

turn keys, started up again, RPM fell and died again.

engine won't die, if i REV, her up to 1000k+ . was late so i decided to call it a night and ask You guys!

thanks for help in Advance guys!!!!, especially WhiteBlaze!

(*aftermarket mods: Injen intake, Nur-spec REAR section)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Try adjusting your throttle. Mine was doing the same thing, falling and dying. After I decided to see if the throttle adjuster had somehow came loose. I tightened it back up to normal idle. The day after the starter died. I don't know if that caused it or not, but adjusting idle helped with that problem. Good luck. Hope this helps.

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
Just try raising the idle a bit with the idle adjustment screw and find a spot where it wont stall.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Stalling

Sounds like your IAC is sticking. I would take it off and clean it this might help.

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
The new exhaust has probably reduced the back pressure on the engine by creating better flow. Adjusting the idle up will correct it.

H

·
0 Posts
i had the same issue when i installed my Nur Spec cat back exhaust. I would die the first few times after starting it, but after a few times i let it idle about 10 minutes, DO NOT step on the gas, the ECU has to learn and figure out the new air/fuel. this takes about 10 minutes, then it will idle ok again... but... every time i have to disconnect battery, i have to go thru this.. hope this helps..

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks a grip guys, i had to adjust the throttle, and let the ECU learn a/f. it sounds good.........idles at 800RPM, just like wat is should.....again thanks to everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts