Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be the dumb question of the day but I didn't think it fit in the dyno tuning section

On my Pro Efi my idle AFR doesn't stay on target on these hot 100+ degree summer days. Running ethanol or pump gas, I'm always 1 to 2 points lean at idle with 0 multiplier. Under any throttle the multiplier is 1.1 to 1.15 to keep it right on target. The issue seems to be more prevelant with AC on (jumps 1 point). Is this normal? Gets worse in traffic as intake temps climb over 150. Coolant temps 170 to 184 max. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Something is off. Why is it targeting .80 lambda at idle? That is crazy rich for idle and cruise. Its actually idling nice at .98 lambda (if that picture was taken at idle or cruise). Feel free to message me and I can take a look.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Something is off. Why is it targeting .80 lambda at idle? That is crazy rich for idle and cruise. Its actually idling nice at .98 lambda (if that picture was taken at idle or cruise). Feel free to message me and I can take a look.
The pictures are idle ratios I'm looking at. Cruise and any throttle it's perfectly fine. The target is accurate for E50. It's flex fuel, sorry

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
The target is accurate for E50. It's flex fuel, sorry
The target is not accurate if it is targeting ".80" lambda at idle like your picture shows.

***Is it possible your BTI gauge is not reading lambda correctly? It looks like it is basing AFR off of the gasoline scale which would reflect incorrect AFR. I think I remember seeing this quirk with the round gauges. The touch screen BTI's don't have this issue. My memory could be wrong though.

Just an FYI, lambda would normally be the same regardless of any fuel or mixture used. But in this case it is being scaled incorrectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts