Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I beleive I'm looking at the right thing :)

Anyways I have one last hose connected to the accordian and wish to get rid of it. I am going full engine management so I know I could take care of this when I do that but I was wondering when this device works. (sit's on the intake manifold, upper plenum)

Anyways I unplugged it while idling it and it ran fine and rev'ed it a couple times and rev'ed fine. So in my search to put a block off plate over it or whatever, I wanted to see if anyone knows on here if it would hurt to removed the whole thing and block it off. If so what would it effect.

Also I wanted to see if it only works in certain conditions because reving while the vehicle is stopped and idling seem to not matter with it on or unplugged.

Thanks to anyone that chimes in with some insight,
~Dan

·
25psi Bliss
1,448 Posts
Hmmm, so let me understand.
You're going "full engine management" and yet you don't know how the ISC or IAC works. :faint:
Goto www.autoshop101.com and check out the instructions for the ISC / IAC.
You're in for a long haul buddy.

SupraMkiii24 said:
I beleive I'm looking at the right thing :)

Anyways I have one last hose connected to the accordian and wish to get rid of it. I am going full engine management so I know I could take care of this when I do that but I was wondering when this device works. (sit's on the intake manifold, upper plenum)......

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1st off, I'm picking up this engine managment from a friend with everything I need to hook it up and go. Just because I'm asking these questions doesn't mean I'm a dunce when it comes to automotive's or supra's, I know a bit just haven't ran into anythign with this yet. I was simply asking if I can disconnect and block off that particular port without anything major going wrong. I'm just trying to clean up some stuff.

I was told by many the car would run without that plugged in yet it does and that's why im asking.

~Dan

BTW: anyone with a straight forward answer??

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Have your tried unplugging the electrical connection to the isc or just unplugged the hose. If it is just the hose it will idle fine but it will be running lean. If you unplug the wires the the idle speed will jump up and down.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dan,
If you are trying to get rid of the line that runs from the ISC valve across the top to the accordian, you could just pull it and put a small filter on the inlet of the ISC. It cleans up the top of the engine and still serves the purpose of giving filtered air to the ISC when it is open and drawing air.
Then you can block off the open port on the accordian.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
(Twigger) I was unplugging the electrical connection

(Yankiwi) Awesome thanks.

Sweet, Thank you gentlemen. That's exactly what I had wanted to know. I wanted to understand how it worked and how I could bypass it. You guys rock, Thanks agian.

Also yes, I am trying to do this to clean the engine bay, I was thinking of replace the acordian hose with a coupler and a pipe and with that I didn't want to have to put a bung for the hoses on there (I think it looks bad). Also I have ran with the idle up unplugged several times (didn't realize it) and haven't had any problems so that should be alright too. Thanks agian.

~Dan

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
On my last setup, I had NO ports on my intake pipe at all. No BOV port, no PCV port, and no ISC port. Going with a speed density system will allow you to simply put a small filter on the ISC valve and it will run fine that way. Running with the AFM can and will almost always cause problems if you do the same thing. Cleans it all up real nice though. No more giant hose running across the engine bay.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks Trent, I'll talk to you more about this in Austin next month.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts