Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently had a problem of throwing code 25/26 (lean/rich malfunction). So I reset the ecu and regapped my ngk 6097 plugs to .28. The car has since been running alot smoother, and no more CEL's.

The problem is when I first start the car my idle is at 900ish rpm, which is what it usually idles at. But after driving a few miles the idle slowly raises to 1100, 1200. And after turning the car off and restarting, my idle is at 1500 and goes as high as 1700, and slowly drops back down to 1200 then 900.

I wouldnt think its a problem, but idling at 1500-1700 for 10-20 miles is annoying. Any ideas?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Have you checked the code exactly to see if it was a lean issue or a rich issue? You probably have a vacuum leak somewhere in the system. With a vacuum leak on a MAF engine (if you still have the MAF), it would cause a constant lean issue whicd would trigger a lean fuel trim code. The vacuum leak will also cause the high idle issue you've described :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey, Not to steal your thread, but mine is having a similiar problem. It idles at about 1500 when it starts up, than goes down to 900, but than will jump up to 1200 everynow and than. It use to idle just fine, until i had the dealership change the pluggs and the wires, cause thats where it was bought from. I changed the filter hoping that would help a little bit, but it didnt seem to make a difference. is itnormal for MKIV's to idle at 900-1000?

·
Something cool
670 Posts
Mine idles at 1000-1200 as well.. I'm not sure if it was set like that or something is wrong. I don't think it will hurt anything, plus if you have a MAF and a blow off valve in the engine bay, it will allow you not to stall the engine when you blow off.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry, this one is a 94 NA..i wish i had a single turbo, with a nice blow off sound! ha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts