Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

first off i already searched near every thread on the saab bov but didn't find what i was looking for. Well when i put mine in, the car idled horribly, erratic rpm fluctation and black smoke from the exhaust, so guess it's running extremely rich. Thing is i couldn't detect any vaccum leak or what not. I replaced the stock one back and everything's normal...so any thoughts on this? Just curious if anyone had any issues idling with the saab. I have a vpc btw, and used a reducing hose to attach the saab and plumb it back into the intake (1" to 3/4" reducing hose). Dang i shouldn't have sold my greddy type s me thinks. :(

·
Registered
340 Posts
A buddy of mine had the same problem with his, turned out that the BOV was broken,we did a little research and found out that some of the old BOVs was badly constructed and was breaking all the time, perhaps yours a bad one, mine works perfectly...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm that's a good point, but i tried to just blow air into it and i was unable to...so im guessing it's not broken...the valve is only a matter of months old too. Thing is if im driving it's ok, just idle is where the problem is at. Any other ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts