Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been idling very rough lately. It is too low. All my mods are in my sig. What could be causing this? What is the solution?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Krister said:
boostleak?

You must give some more details..
Maybe, I just replaced my couplers with some brand new silicone ones.. I had it hooked up to the bong and found that one. I guess I need to hook it up again and recheck everything. It is not at cold startup, but rather after it warms up like if I stop at a redlight the idle bounces up and down like its trying to die.

Jeff

·
488ci V10 Power
1,785 Posts
463supra said:
Maybe, I just replaced my couplers with some brand new silicone ones.. I had it hooked up to the bong and found that one. I guess I need to hook it up again and recheck everything. It is not at cold startup, but rather after it warms up like if I stop at a redlight the idle bounces up and down like its trying to die.

Jeff
I have seen this problem with aftermarket BOV's on BPU cars. Its pretty common actually. Did this just start happening? or did you add some mods and it started?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MK4LIFE said:
I have seen this problem with aftermarket BOV's on BPU cars. Its pretty common actually. Did this just start happening? or did you add some mods and it started?
It recently started happening. I have a HKS SSQ BOV but I also still hve the stock one . I went back to the bong this morning and have NO boost leaks. Any ideas? I am wondering if maybe my HKS AFR is not correct anymore?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IGGYWOOWOO said:
bad pcv valve? AI have seen this on other cars.
Maybe? I have never replaced mine. Where do you get them? can I get one at like a valvoline oil change place?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
supracar said:
Take a look at the IAC valve, might need to be cleaned out.
Where is that? I dont know what that is.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anybody have an actual motor pic showing where the IAC is?

·
BPU++
425 Posts
463supra said:
anybody have an actual motor pic showing where the IAC is?
The IAC valve is located on the side of the throttle body. The procedure for inspection is located in TSRM page EG-361 and procedure for removal is located on page EG-363. If somebody is willing to host, I would be more than happy to scan the pages. All the best solving your idle problem and happy New Years :cool:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate everybody's help and Happy New Years to all.. If you can host the pics I would appreciate it. I need to get me a service manuel. I still have my old one from my MKIII for all the good it does me now. :)

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DJ dZ said:
The IAC valve is located on the side of the throttle body. The procedure for inspection is located in TSRM page EG-361 and procedure for removal is located on page EG-363. If somebody is willing to host, I would be more than happy to scan the pages. All the best solving your idle problem and happy New Years :cool:
I thought the PCV was on the side of the throttle body?

·
Registered
163 Posts
463supra said:
I thought the PCV was on the side of the throttle body?
Here ya go. Found this on www.mkiv.com. Be very careful if you have not changed this before, as the rubber can get old and brittle, and break apart while you're taking it out, and fall into the hole! Ask me how I know.... My advice is to warm the engine up before you start taking it out, so the rubber is soft and will be less likely to break apart.

http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/emisson_control_system/ecs2.jpg

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eugene said:
Here ya go. Found this on www.mkiv.com. Be very careful if you have not changed this before, as the rubber can get old and brittle, and break apart while you're taking it out, and fall into the hole! Ask me how I know.... My advice is to warm the engine up before you start taking it out, so the rubber is soft and will be less likely to break apart.

http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/emisson_control_system/ecs2.jpg
thanks, Where can I buy a replacement PVC valve? Also does anybody have a good drawing like that for where the IAC is?

·
Registered
163 Posts
463supra said:
thanks, Where can I buy a replacement PVC valve? Also does anybody have a good drawing like that for where the IAC is?
You should be able to get it from your Toyota dealership. They may have to order it though, so if that is the case, you'd be better off ordering it from Curt Aigner or Jeff Watson.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you... a pic is worth a 1000 words...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts