Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 supra turbo, everything was idleing perfectly until I put an hks ssqv blow off valve kit on. Now it idles rough as hell, and my check engine light is on. Sometimes when i start it up the rpms start drop real low like it wants to die but once i give it gas it levels out. There is a putting noise to. The check engine light will periodically go awat but then returns when i push the car hard. I heard that there is no idle adjuster on the MKIIIs so what should i do? Everything runs smooth its just the crappy idle.

-Bradford

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts
I'd take the HKS BOV kit off and see of the problem goes away.

If it does, maybe the BOV needs to be adjusted more tight. I really haven’t a clue, but you said it started when you installed it, and it's an easy first step towards the process of elimination.

GL

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ill try that, anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Did you disconect any wires when you put the BOV in. Check to make sure all the connectors are tight. Even if you didn't disconect anything you may have bumped a conector loose. So check everything. Other than that do like myMUSICveins said.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
yep whenever i have a problem i look at where my hands were last. make sure all the clamps are tight first. if that looks good you might want to tighten up the bov. if that doesnt help spay some carb cleaner around the bov weld and see if the idle changes (might want to do this when the car is cooled off to avoid any carb cleaner getting on the hot exh manifold).

good luck

dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts