Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search but my computer's search isn't working.

I just recently started my car after 3 weeks sitting in my garage and I suddenly
have this idleing problem.When it's cold it idles fine but when it warms up it
fluctuates around 800-1200rpm. Any ideas what it could be?

neil

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
Check your ECU trouble codes, and check for vacuum leaks after the mass air flow meter (assuming you still have it) and most likely after the throttle body if your idle is high. Probably a bad sensor or vacuum leak. Scanning your ECU for a trouble code is the first place to start. Good luck

·
Alpine Hardtopper
1,096 Posts
I had the same problem once and it turned out to be the oxygen sensor. While the ECU is in open loop mode (warming up) everything was fine. But once it went in to closed loop, the O2 sensor was feeding it an eratic signal, causing the idle to fluctuate up and down a lot.

As Jeremy already stated, pull the trouble codes off the ECU and see if they give you any direction. Also, do you have a wide band O2 meter in the car? If so, let us know what the air/fuel readings are when it's idling.

It could also be the IAC valve acting up. If they sit for a really long time they can become sticky. A good cleaning should remedy this if it was the problem. But that's less likely.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

I'll see if I can pull up any code and check all the vacuum hoses. But as
far as the AIC goes, I'm sure it was clean. I cleaned up the engine bay,
IC pipings and the likes just a weeks before I started the engine.

neil

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
If you just cleaned the engine bay, you either got dirt where it wasnt supposed to, or something is disconnected. Maybe the vacuum line came off the IAC? Also maybe clean the "inside" of the IAC!

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts