Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the different reasons for a low idle? Not a problem idle, just low. My car idles at 900. Also, how can you raise your idle? BTW, I am running no MAF and a filter on my IAC valve.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rewindspline said:
600-700rpm is factory idle

WOW! That's kinda low, I'm almost ready to shut off by then.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rewindspline said:
is your car modified?
Yep. Single turbo, map-ecu, no maf, filter on my IAC valve.

·
Racing is Life.
1,129 Posts
I can't get my MAP-ECU to let my car even RUN. I wired it up exactly how it says, loaded the base map for my stock fuel system, set the idle and FT tps signal to my car, set the AFM to my car's, and the "MAF" that i have not installed. I have the Stage 2+ from PHR. Ironically I can't get the car to run WITH the map-ecu, whereas it DOES run without the map-ecu. A little annoying, considering how much of my laptop's batteries I used trying to get it to run. Any help please call my cell if you could PLEASE. I am driving it to a dyno shop tomorrow and it is quite a few miles of MAF-less driving and i dont want to fry my all 170+ compressions. :D 772-519-1900
Thanks,
Jason

·
Racing is Life.
1,129 Posts
Another side note: the factory idle is way too low for a turbo charged car. You need oil pressure, and to get oil pressure you need rpms. I have my car set to idle at 950 and it's puuuuuurfect. Of course, when i plug the map-ecu in, it won't run at ALL.
Jason

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Someone posted a mod on the PS vacuum hoses to control the idle, you might want to run a search on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts