Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got a 1jz in sc, recently, usually after a freeway run and when exiting coming to a red light, the car idle really low and having trouble staying alive. Whats going on there?

it is fine when driving local and it doesn't really get messed up after 70+ mph. But even when the car die after freeway run, i just restart the car and it is fine.

I got another 1j stock map sensor and relayed my fuel pump bypassing the fuel pump ecu, but it still dies after a long cruise. But the car will be fine after I restart.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
Sounds like your ISCV is closing too far. I had this problem too, so I just adjusted the throttle screw (and TPS) so that the car could not physically idle lower then 750.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else have this problem? I got a battery voltage meter and after the freeway Run, my voltage drops really low: 11.5 and the car is struggling to keep idle..Whats going on here? Please help! Thanks in advance

·
Former 1.5jz-Powered MKIV
649 Posts
if your battery voltage is that low, check your grounds or upgrade them....I had a similar problem, so I upgraded and added a few more grounding points in the engine bay, now it doesn't even drop past 13.8v, and goes as high as 14.5v....This could also be the problem for your idling, if your ECU isn't getting enough power, it's struggling with whatever it has.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swapped out my Optima Red Top last week since it is still under warranty. The voltage has gotten better. But it still drops from 14.8V to 12V upon approaching a red light after freeway. Anyone else got other remedies?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tested my altenator by disconnecting the ground to the battery while the car is on and it is fine.

Even thought the voltage drops to 12V, but it slowly climbs back up to 13.5V.

Its weird...

my battery is located in the trunk, and I have 1 ground point there and for the engine bay, I have the buddy club condenser in which I got 3 grounding points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts