Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1990 7MGE
N/A
Manual

I was on the freeway for about an hour, got off and came to a stop sign and the RPMs dove and it quit. Was able to start it right back up but it never idled correctly again. I replaced the fuel filter, checked the dashpot diaphram and that's working fine. checked vacuum lines with carb cleaner and for any loose connections. No codes in the computer. Any ideas w/o buying expensive parts and hoping they solve the problem? The car was working perfect before my hour drive.

· Registered
33 Posts
My car is similar, wont idle, before i got my code scanner It was acting exactly as if the maf was unplugged, would start but then die immediately. so i checked the resistances of the afm and everythings within ranges, once I pulled the check engine code it was code 31 which says either Afm, "vaccum sensor" which im trying to pinpoint in my repair manual, tps, or the main relay that i guess controls them all. im going to check the resistances on all of these but i figured id ask in case anyone could give me a easy fix answer. As far as i can see the afm is fine as far as resistance.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so I replaced the plugs since I had the thing apart to check them anyway and nothing. I started a test where you have to have the engine idling at 2500 and have E1 and FE1 jumpered and lo and behold a code popped up...a 41....TPS. So I erased the codes and did it again and then I got a 51, no 41. So where did the 41 go and why doesn't the check engine lite stay on? If I check the codes with the vehicle off, it reports no codes. Anyway, do you think it's the TPS and should I go with a used one for $33 or go for new one for $100?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.