Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just letting you guys know there is an IDRC race at MIR (Budds Creek) this Sunday. Myself, Matt Miller, and Jimmy P will all be racing, with Matt and his totally new setup to try to get 9s this year again...myself with a few changes to try out to hopefully go mid 9s and Jimmy P as well with a few changes to try to get his first 9 sec pass. Hopefully all be mid-high 9s all day. So everyone should come out to race and if not race , come hang out and watch. Its Just a Sunday event and as of now weather is supposed to be 72 and Sunny. And Monday is Memorial Day...so no excuses. Hopefully we can get some guys there to watch and hang out.

Tony

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Tony

How many hours away from atco would you say mir is. I 'm thinking of making the trip.

Tripp

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Val, 5.5 HOURS? holy shit! I'm about 1 1/2 hours from e town..so i guess it'll be a good 6-7hr trip....damn.

vntperformance said:
I"ll be there running my car!!! :coold:

Tony/Matt, the importdrag website is pretty vague...so what class are we suppose to run in?

BfgTires Turbo RWD/AWD...I would think this is a street tire class?
Link to event flyer: http://mirdrag.com/images/flyers/05_idrc.pdf

tripp 97tt: I think its right about 3.5 hours.
PsyKotiC RydeR: I think right about 5.5 hours.

vnt :beer:

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
Val, 5.5 HOURS? holy shit! I'm about 1 1/2 hours from e town..so i guess it'll be a good 6-7hr trip....damn.

My mistake, I just mapquested it and etown is 4 hours from mir. and atco is 3.5 hrs from mir.

vnt :bigthumb:

·
Racing Supras since 1995
151 Posts
I'll be there :bigthumb:

·
Gone Fishin
395 Posts
Brad I saw you there although I didnt get a chance to introduce myself. I came down with Tony and was sitting under the tent.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,783 Posts
Any times?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Philly Single said:
Any times?
==========================================================
Jay,
I left early about the same time Matt did but here is what I saw:
Matt Miller: C-clip issues on first run. Really sucked after all his work to get ready.
JimmyP: Tranny/Shifter issues. Did not get a clean pass. 9 sec pass has to wait.
Tony: 1st run smoked his clutch bably. Let it cool off and tried again. Dropped
the clutch at low rpm to see if it would hold. Dead bogged and then slowly
went forward until he got spooled and took off. Still had a 146 mph trap! The
car must be a beast to pull that off. Hats off Tony.
Val: I saw one pass right before I left. [email protected] and I think the boost was
turned faily low for that pass. I'm not sure how he or Tony ran later.
Brad Daily: Back to racing a Supra after a long absence. [email protected] for the one
pass I saw. I think his car was stock. Not bad at all.
Wayne: My car made no power with one of the twins going out but the BL
Tranny and 3800 stall made the best of low boost and pump gas turning
[email protected] and [email protected] The tranny/stall sure works the 330'.
I'm sure someone else will have a more complete update.
Wayne
I

·
Banned
5,062 Posts
Jay,

Thanks Wayne! It was great seeing everyone after so long!!!

I ran a [email protected] at right around 26lbs of boost and running very rich w/1.9 60ft, I really didn't wanna go at it full tilt because I missed qualifying and I was having mad wheel problems....the hub on one of my bogarts was cracked.

I just wanted to thank Matt Miller for helping me with my wheels and JimmyP for the lug/washers he lent me, I owe you one...... ;) This race was a blow for almost everyone.

vnt :)

G

·
I have Tony on video doing a 9.9 @ 151. I believe that was the semis. I think he lost to Sean Glazar in the finals. I ran a whopping 13.0 @ 110 with a 2.2 60', I kept trying to push in the clutch! j/k

G

·
video

Give me a couple days, I have not transferred any videos from my camera to my computer yet. I have the firewire connection, I just have to figure it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts