Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else running 8? It's a piece of garbage, how could they screw up things that worked back on IE2?

·
using mozilla and like it a lot. the only problem i'm having now is that every now and then when I click the back button, the dam thing just freezes and I have to close that window.

how's google chrome?

edit: I use IE for . . . u know what. cause I can clear the history and not worry about losing the important pages i've visited on mozilla

·
Registered
362 Posts
IE works better for many things, online exchange email, my timecard reporting program, ordering from certain websites intended for IE (wouldn't update a box without IE).

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
IE7 Worked flawlessly for me. I decided to go to 8, its completely buggy.
The way the page loads screws things up, SF's messes up. It all of a sudden forgets when there is a scroll bar to the right, where to justify it in the table, it'll at times appear in the middle of the text box and it will squish/compress your text all the way to the left as though it forgot the text box size...

Weird crap like that... And all of a sudden too.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
This is why people whom are not technical should not fuck with a beta product.

Seriously.

Oh, and good ol' ZDNet... using Java render times on an anti java browser? :lol: Awesome.

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You're assuming I'm not technical? I'm just stating that other betas have been better equipped to not failing at what used to work. When IE7 came out which was a pretty important build step, was properly wrapped in comparison to 8.

·
!black
4,625 Posts
You're assuming I'm not technical? I'm just stating that other betas have been better equipped to not failing at what used to work. When IE7 came out which was a pretty important build step, was properly wrapped in comparison to 8.

You're assuming I was talking to you?

In general, unless someone can provide specific feedback on a feature that isn't working in the form of quantifiable data (dumps, repro steps, etc) then I don't give a fuck what they bitch about. I was laughing at the article mainly because it chose one specific counter to benchmark on - good times. Feel free to comment on the IE8 performance blog:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/08/26/ie8-performance.aspx

·
Time for change
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I did, what with me being the op complaining of IE8, and posting just after I posted. :dunno:

Seemed logical :] Hrmm, a link eh?

Lol "Server too busy"

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
IE8 is a beta. Of course it has bugs. Since when is beta software indicative of release quality? Why are you bitching? :wtflol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts