• No

Votes: 16 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Same here. If there is no manual, I'd rather not go standalone, or possibly get an Autronic.

Stan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is this being polled? Why would they spend the hundreds of thousands of man hours developing this unit and not including a manual? My microwave came w/ a detailed manual and it only has a single knob and a door.......

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MaxPrime said:
Why is this being polled? Why would they spend the hundreds of thousands of man hours developing this unit and not including a manual? My microwave came w/ a detailed manual and it only has a single knob and a door.......
Because Jason from AEM has commented the manual may not be released. That we will be forced to pay someone else to do at $50/hour something we can do ourselves.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
ARHH!!! REREAD THAT POSTING!

Kripes! I asked Jason if the manual would be available for PUBLIC DOWNLOADING. I believe his response was indicating that it wouldn't be and that you must purchase the ECU in order to get the manual. I may be incorrect about this but I'm pretty sure that's what he was responding to! Until Jason clarifys let's PLEASE not get too excited and crucify him!

On the other hand, no manual=no sale for me too. I'm pretty sur eJason realizes this and that AEM is simply not aware of what the benefits of making the manual available for download are. Putting it up as a PDF would allow folks to get a much better idea as to what they're facing with this purchase and what the capabilties are of the ECU. Some ECU companies realize this and put their manuals and software up for download, some don't (shrug).

Let's please wait and see what Jason has to say, I cannot imgine them going back on those promises or taking the APEXi business route with this ECU...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK looks like this is all straightened out. No public download, but each unit will come with a full manual.

Not that is matters to me, but why not have it available for download? Gives potential buyers a very good idea of what features they will get and how hard they will be to implement. If you don't buy a unit what good is a manual going to do you?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah, I see your point. Didn't think about the theft aspect.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Bleah!

Puhlease - you really think that not having a manual available is going to deter thieves? Maybe if the software was also not provided and if each ECU was keyed to a single install disk. If it were that onerous a protection scheme I'd avoid it then too thouhg :D

As for posing questions to AEM vendors - so far Jason has provided more information here than any AEM vendor that's been approached. That might change in the future but given a choice I'd prefer to be able to do the research myself. (shrug)

·
Registered
132 Posts
we received a few aems today at our shop for our car, its a civic aem but no manual, the manual is on the CD that comes with the car.

Mark

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Cool!

Not as good as say a paper manual but I think most of us have printers ;) Sounds like you'll be getting some experience with this box pretty soon - can you PLEASE share with us your impressions? Probably best in the thread that's HUGE talking about the AEM but please do share. It's not a Supra I know but it's the same software and hardware we'll be using soon.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts