Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im quite familiar with the workings of the SAFC2 and it's benefits... I am looking at buying a car that has an HKS VPC and the guy has an SAFC2 that isnt installed... Now, if I have the VPC, would I need the SAFC2 also for tuning the a/f ratio?

Thanks,
Jake

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
the vpc only has a single fuel adjustment for the whole rpm range - similar to changing base fuel pressure on an afpr.

Yes, an afc would be nice

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... Im not familiar with the HKS VPC... The car has a 60-1 turbo with a 4" inlet, so the AFM is gone and it has 550cc injectors and twin pumps, so Im thinking this thing is set up for that... The owner says the car runs and idles smoothly... He says the turbo has been set to 8 and 10 psi... Well, of course when I get it, the settings are going to be alot higher... So I need something to tune for higher boost settings, into the 20s... So I guess I should negotiate that SAFC as well...

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
the afc will clean the signal comming from the vpc

·
Registered
519 Posts
I use to have HKS VPC without AFCR on my car with 550 cc injectors and Walbro fuel pump. I was able to drive, except sometimes in warm & humid days, engine was chocking under the high boost, due too rich air/fuel mixture. If I play with it, I was able to adjust it.
I have it now with AFCR II and of course its a big difference in tunning ability and the way car run.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
yes the afc will be able to fine tune the a/f along with cleaning up the signal.
ive found it works better if you hook up the afc AFTER the vpc. be sure you have it set up as kv if you have it after the vpc as well.

dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts