Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was getting my finders rolled at a shop called Proline. They told me about a guy who owns a shop and 3 Supra’s. 2 working 1 for parts. He said the shop isn’t to far down from here by another place called Candy Reflection (paint shop). Gullible me at the time was like wow he has 3 Supra’s and parts laying around the shop so he must really know about Supra’s right? So I find the shop and see the 3 Supra’s. 1 tt Supra black Targo top, another black one getting worked on single turbo and the 3rd a red one in the back with rubbish laying on it. So start talking to him and gullible me trusting this guy cause he has Supra’s so why would he want to joy ride in mines, or whatever. Felt like a shop I can trust and ask advice to. ( totally wrong). So we talk and I’ve been wanting to go single and he said he has the parts and turbos in his shop and he can do the work. I’m like ok cool let’s do it. He’s the one who advise me on the ZF S6-53BZ transmission swap. Car is 25 plus years old so I wanted the wiring to be all clean and made sure connected correctly. I dropped it right before covid struck. I’m all excited that I’m about to have this awesome Supra 😂 single turbo bad car lol nope.warning signs started to come in so drop the car off early March they take the transmission out early April wasn’t even installed until early August. During that time frame I’ve been researching on this forum, Facebook, etc about what you would need for a Supra to make reasonable power. So ordering bunch of parts. Ecu, harness, cams, injectors, pumps, upgraded clutch, etc. Old car so why not replace some things that need it? Stupidly dropping them off at the shop instead of waiting. People knew about my car and saying your in good hands, this and that don’t rush the shop or the job. This was way early before August. Then come August and car still isn’t done. My GF who made me think. She’s saying why is it taking so long. If this was the states your car would have been done. Doesn’t take no 5 months to install a transmission and a turbo. So she said if there not working on your car when we get there pull it out the shop. We get there and they started disassembling the engine. fast forward some months more red lights. We don’t have a blow off valve or waste gate you need to buy one. You need this censor and that one. After they told me they have a complete turbo kit and can do everything in house at the shop. So fast forward from August to Nov. the car still isn’t running almost 7 months to this shop and nothing. The guy can’t tune the car cause he doesn’t know AEM infinity but the owner saying he can do it. Each time I visit the shop the car is on the lift. I come and they bring it down and act like there working on it. More red flags the owner asking how much you paid for these parts your brought? I saw his Supra’s interior and looks like str8 💩. Engine bay looks like a child’s messy toy room. I tell people my engine bay is a mess and there like are you serious 😂 it’s clean looking but to my standards not I’m like I want it to look like presentable like I can take it to show and there like nice. Don’t need chromed out parts just nice. So I’m starting to see he’s been eyeing my parts. Each time they had a problem with trying to get the car running he would say we’re not trying to cheat you or scam you I hope you understand this takes time. Like I said gullible me. When i told him just pack everything up I’m taking the car out the shop cause you can fix it or have it running he got the nerve to get upset with me. I’m like I’m the customer I have all the right to be upset. He’s like this takes time and I’m like no it doesn’t I could have purchased a complete kit and if he done in no time and he’s like no it can’t and my gf says yes it can then he said you don’t know what your talking about. I was heated and my gf said calm down, before they mess up your car even worse. So I paid to have my car taken out the shop and brought to a new one who could fix it and get it running. My GF was saying you know they were trying to keep your car right? Always asking when you going on deployment, how much longer you have here in Guam, how much this or that cost you, bring the parts here we’ll install them for you. Come to find out the old shop SPEEDPRO fucked my shit up. Installed my spark plugs to close nipping off the ends, leaving parts loose, loose bolts, fuel and oil lines not tight. Electrical not connected. Copper lines instead of steel braided lines for the oil lines and the coolant. It’s running now but not like it’s suppose to. Wrong gasket material from the manifold to the turbo, the waste gate gasket missing. Twin scroll turbo to a single scroll manifold. Bunch of stuff messed up that the old shop did. Will get the engine redone once back in the states. Don’t make my same mistakes if visiting Guam or like I did 😂. Big learning experience for me.

·
Just a guy who loves cars
94' Turbo, Targa, 6 spd, Ren Red.
442 Posts
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that. I think a lot of us got in to working on our cars ourselves because we had horror stories. A guy named Keith Ya stole a set of brembo f-50 brakes from me. After that I said, no more shops.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Life lessons learned. Fucked up thought reputable shop but not. That was the only good thing kinda all my parts were for VVTI engine not the regular GTE. I didn’t have them install my new brakes or change out my differential. Only thing they took or kept were my waste gate springs but I ordered new ones. If they would have kept the bembros calling the cops. That’s my goals soon start doing tiny things on my own once get more situated in life. More knowledgeable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts