Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
---
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is it guys'. The final thread, youre one stop to everything. Please read it carefully.

I spoke to Edgar on the phone 10 minutes ago, he told me our drawing with the "party area" just isn't possible because we have too many cars(both good and bad)

This means that the lunch is crucial, and that if you can change your plans to make it, than it will benefit the team greatly. If not, we understand but you need to make it to roll-in as early as possible. No stopping for smokes, no sitting at home playing Call of Duty, and I'm going to go as far to say no clenaing your car. You can do it once you've rolled in(well you can clean it a day before but don't use cleaning as an excuse for being late)

I am doing the absolute best I can. Made countless emails and phone calls and stayed up late on a few nights. Now I've gone as far as I can. Everything is set, it's going to happen, it's just on you guys to make sure it does.

To make sure we can use our rope light, we will need to be staged together. Which is not a problem if we could all roll-in together but we can't. That's why I'm going to say we need at least half of the team there BY 2pm. So far we're only at 4-5. We need 8. Otherwise we may be broken up into 2 sepperate areas.

YOU NEED TO PM WHAT TIME YOU PLAN ON ROLLING IN.(and if you'll be at the lunch or not) I DON'T CARE IF YOU'V ALREADY POSTED IT, YOU NEED TO PM ME IT. (youre good if you already PMed me)

Saturday Roll-in will be allowed but only if you absolutely can not make friday. Contact Lazysan for more information. I believe it's between 12pm-1pm. So you have a small window.

And here is the confirmation email from HIN if you didn't get it.

On behalf of Hot Import Nights, welcome to stop 1 in Anaheim , CA

This is your confirmation… Check-In/Load-In will be begin at 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., on Friday March 13th, 2009. Once you receive your competitor paperwork you will be directed to the show staging area. Your competitor paperwork will include a competition judge sheet and two wristbands (Bikes receive 1 wristband). Your competition judge sheet must be clearly displayed on the driver-side window at all times during move-in and show hours.

Regulations
· Placement will be given on a first come first serve basis unless coordinated in advance. What this means is that you should arrive early. If a member of your crew arrives late, does not caravan with you, and is not in line with you at the time of roll-in, they may not be placed with you

· If your vehicle is found outside the car row marked lines, the vehicle may be towed at owner’s expense. Once you have been staged you may not move your vehicle into other rows that may contain vendor booths. Please contact show management for any concerns and/ or questions.

· Vehicle must be clean and free of body damage. Project cars and prototypes must be in a completed state. Show management reserves the right to turn away vehicles that are not presentable.

· Vehicles displaying graphics and decals must do so in a tasteful manner in the spirit of competition. Blatant advertisement wraps that serve no cosmetic taste other than personal advertisement will not be permitted. Show management reserves the right to turn away vehicles. Sponsor decals and graphics are proudly accepted and promoted at HIN if done in a competitive & tasteful manner. If you are unsure about your vehicle you can email at [email protected] to check.

· Team displays are encouraged, please email [email protected] if you are planning on doing a team display. We may help alleviate venue handling costs for you by utilizing our teamsters to help carry display materials in. MUST CONTACT 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE!!!

· NO support vehicles are allowed inside the venue, you must hand walk/carry your equipment into the venue.

· When you check-in you will be given two wristbands, one for yourself and a guest (Bikes will receive 1 wristband) Everyone MUST have a wristband on to enter show premises on Saturday.

· FUEL REGULATIONS FOR THIS EVENT is between 1/8 tank to empty. Vehicles will not be allowed inside the venue with more then 1/8 tank of fuel. NO exceptions!

· Vehicles will be REQUIRED to disconnect batteries once parked on the show floor. All vehicles MUST leave hoods open for final inspections by authorities.

· Roll-Out – Once all spectators have exited the venue and show management has cleared the venue, roll-out can commence.

· HIN Awards winners will be posted at the side of the HIN Main Stage near the trophy line. Please verify your name and collect your prize immediately. Trophy prizes will NOT be shipped to the competitor if not picked up, and will be recycled. Also Check for a cash prize as some awards may include a check.

Event Info: Angel Stadium of Anaheim
2000 E. Gene Autry Way
Anaheim , CA 92806

Dates and Times:

Friday, Mar. 13 - 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – Roll in / Set up

Saturday, Mar. 14 - 2:00PM - Allowed to re-enter venue.

Saturday, Mar. 14 - 4:00PM - Judging Starts

Saturday, Mar. 14 - 4:00PM - Midnight - Official show hours

Saturday, Mar. 14 – 8pm – Artist Performance by: Far East Movement

Saturday, Mar. 14 – 9pm – Artist Performance by: Yaboy “we run LA”

Saturday, Mar. 14 - 10:00PM - Last call for all competing vehicles

Saturday, Mar. 14 - 11:00PM - Awards ceremony begins at main stage

Saturday, Mar. 14 – Midnight – All cars exhibitors must roll out.
Alrite boys and girls its starting to look like crunch time for the main event. So will the following people please PM me yours so i can call and get some other information to and from you.

WhiteTiger777
SupraMatt96

StarletGTT
Jessupra
TOYMR2TRD

ALL you NorCal guys i will forward the info to Silas.

ALSO it looks like we will be spending $29/person. EVERYONE PLEASE HAVE CASH which ever day you ROLL IN. I WILL BE COLLECTING THE MONEY. So heres the breakdown:

$15 for electricity
$7 for rope lighting
$7 for Team Supra Sticker

LASTLY does anyone have any other ideas or other things they want to set up at the show?? DJ? strobe lighting? anything? Need everything confirmed also, no i can get this but. . . . BS.

NEED TO KNOW ANY AND ALL OF THIS BEFORE THE SHOW.

·
---
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tyler. Are we 100% that there is that small of a window opening for Saturday roll in????? Because all over that email is say NO. I know we keep getting an answer of Yes. But i just want to be sure or else it would suck for the 2 or 3 guys TRYING to roll in on Saturday.
Edgar has promised jason that window. He will be able to shed some more light on it since I havn't really spoke to either of them about it.

·
Kickin'G ASs 24/7
1,636 Posts
:tongue: PM Sent..!!

·
---
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe Sirv was going to contact Edgar to get a better idea about display. I was juggling a lot of things at once when he called and I didn't want to ask him to call back because of all hes gone through helping us out so far.

He was giving technical specs on size allocations and what not and honestly I didn't understand since every time I've showed I've showed alone and purely for fun.

He did say we will all be near eachother though. I'm sure we can work more out the day of roll-in, and hopefully Sirv can shed some light on my absolute lack of understanding of HIN placement.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
OKAY boys and girls we now have some issues. After talking to Edgar yesterday he has pretty much confirmed to me that we will be given 2 blocks side by side so we can be next to eachother.

But here is the issue. The "blocks" of space is 20' x 70' in size. and each block can fit up to 9 cars. So thats why we need 2 blocks to fit all 17 cars. But that isnt enought room to have the cars in any nice/pretty configuration. Basically it will be like last years HIN where the cars are parked one behind each other. So there is no way possible that we can have a "party area" except that 7' in between the cars. Here is a simple MS paint drawing to give you a visual. Ohhh there also has to be a 10' fire lane in between the 2 blocks also.

Now i'm tring to think of a way to place the cars in the block to look better, but am pretty much out of ideas. SO if anyone wants to give it a try and can see something better please feel free to give it a try and not relay on just me and Tyler. But do take into consideration that the size is 70'x20' and that each car is about 15'x6'. So none of this just drawing the cars smaller to make shit fit. You have to take all that into consideration and make it to a scale unlike my picture. OOHH and there much also be that 10' fire lane inbetween, theres no way outta that. Cars MUST be inside the block area, if it is outside they will tell us to move it or go to the extreme of towing the car or cars.

NOW problem #2. With this new configuration if i do the math right it looks like we need 70' + 70' + 20' + 20' = 180' of Rope lighting to go all the way around each block. So at 150' rolls we are about 30' short of going all the way around each block. So i dunno if you guys got any other ideas, but only thing i can think of is getting another roll which of course means more money i know we dont wanna spend. SO unless someone else can come up with an idea to fill in the 30' gap i dunno what to do. NEED SUGGESTIONS NOW PEOPLES!!! or else its just gonna be kinda funny looking.

·
Start of a new term
3,607 Posts
Well...from the looks of the blocks, we really don't have any choice but to park side by side to fit all of us. Haha....I'M CALLING DIBS ON AN END SPOT ! As far as the lighting, i'm in on getting more rope lighting if everyone else is, it's only a few few duckets more per person. We can't do it half ass if we really wanna be jocked hard! I NEED TO KNOW WHO WANTS EXTRA STICKERS AND HOW MANY!

·
---
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...from the looks of the blocks, we really don't have any choice but to park side by side to fit all of us. Haha....I'M CALLING DIBS ON AN END SPOT ! As far as the lighting, i'm in on getting more rope lighting if everyone else is, it's only a few few duckets more per person. We can't do it half ass if we really wanna be jocked hard! I NEED TO KNOW WHO WANTS EXTRA STICKERS AND HOW MANY!
Done.

I'll also need an end spot(i'll be taking off 1 of my wheels for the holy shit effect of the 345's). So we have 2 more open. I was thinking about maybe having Sirv's and Carlos' supras at end spots as well. It's up to them

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
My gay lover Nick has already said he wants to be next to me. But that was with our old dream setup. but maybe i'll take a corner. I really dont care. Just worried about the additional rope light. But i need an answer ASAP. Actually no later then tomorrow mourning, to even have a chance at getting it by Friday.

I will be texting everyone i have a number to except the following people if they want the additional ropelight: NorCal guys, Tyler, Nick, Tim and Andrew (because i'm sure they dont care about paying the additional $4) So as long as 5 people vote a Yes i'm gonna put the order in and hope it gets here by friday.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I'll take an end spot too... heehee...

i'm down for more rope... whatever it takes to get this sucker looking good. Let me see if I can draft something up quickly here and upload for you guys.

check back in 30 min.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
OK GUYS... i have an idea that I drafted quickly for you guys. But my office has photobucket down. it's way better then putting them in a row. many configs can come out and I managed to get 8 cars in each grid.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Here you go, this is one idea. More to follow:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
2nd configuration:

Also, (because dimensions are not showing up clear) the center party zone dimensions are 6 feet by 15 feet.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Only problem with those is the fact that we have 17 cars. So we cant just have one person out. Unless someone doesnt show. And plus those blocks are suppose to hold upto 9 cars each.

Thats why i wish we can come up with something better but the only thing i can think of is the ugly rows of cars. But thats a good start, may you can build on that idea.

OOHHH lastly. Guys i just made had a talk with my VP of operations aka Vicious and VP of NorCal aka Supraristo and we have made an executive decision. And i will be ordering another roll of 150' of rope light. So that we can complete the look we are tring to achive which is the lights completely around the damn cars. So everyone is gonna have to pay another $4 for that last roll. If you dont like it let me know so i can forward you to my VP's. :naughty:

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I posted three ideas. One has the cars cafing in and asses showing then another has them facing out then maybe having a party zone in the middle then another option is the one on the far right or we can mix and match as I've done. Need everyones opinion plus sorry guys I drafted it up quickly

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think those diagrams are pretty good but we are 17 NOT 16. We cannot leave a brother behind! In order to fit everyone it would be rows. I would want to have our car asses facing the inside of our two blocks, with one of the blocks having the 1 more car, and the other block saving the space where the 18th car would go and have the party zone there.

I used TOYMR2TRD drawing as my base and size reference.

crude drawing:

·
Goldmember
233 Posts
basing my drawing on toymr2trd

on past experience, you dont people car faced tuck in the block, they usually face out ward to the aisles. the blocks seem to fit 8 cars best to fit for all them angled car jazziness. heres my rendition, i would photoshop, but dont have it installed yet, lol

green area would be the lawn chair aisle/party area

theres going to 8 end spots, 4 from each block

probably should make list of who wants an end spot. i could probably go for one

1 - 20 of 218 Posts