Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you guys choose for a street/strip car to get down the track fast but still be livable on the pavement?

figure about 600 or so at the wheels as reference and a street-worthy drag radial in a popular diameter in the rear...

how about the rear end?

Considering having some custom gearsets and drives produced overseas if there was a need.

regards,

GD

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no relevance yet, but if i can get the gears made, then maybe ;

thanks

GD

·
Registered
374 Posts
Supra has a good compramise especially in 5th and 6th gear. Good spread Ideal for top end. However I wish 1st gear was longer. With any power 1st gear is pretty useless.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,832 Posts
greensoup said:
I'd probably want a higher/longer? 6th gear. It's be nice to cruise at 60/70/80 with low rpms to get better gas mileage.
60/70/80 in 6th is pretty low around 3k what else do you want??? :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Suprasarecool -> that won't be possible. LS1 is N/A and therefore at 1000rpm already have some torque. 2JZ is a 8.5:1 3000cc with no boost at that rpm... it simply wouldn't have enough horses at that rpm to keep up 80mph in a decent way.

I think they could do a 6th which does 2400-2500rpm @80, but not less.

As for me ..maybe a slightly longer 3rd gear would be better, 6th i believe it's ok (only if the gears were 7 i would like a long overdrive such as the [email protected]). anyway i'm pretty satisfied with my gears :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts