41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I listed here awhile ago and asked to be closed as I had kept it then. Figured you'd still like to know for metrics, but was re-listed and sold on the Supra FB FS page last month. Was listed on AutoTrader as well but didn't get many hits there.

1994 TT6 targa, non-OE red paint
100,284 miles - 1x reported accident, clean/clear FL title
No AC, PS, ABS, or brakes
non-running GE swap
$13K, Texas buyer

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Administrator
9,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Crazy I sat on $50k for an 80k mile 6spd hardtop bone stock and settled for less. That's strong money for a 100k targa.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Crazy I sat on $50k for an 80k mile 6spd hardtop bone stock and settled for less. That's strong money for a 100k targa.
Now you are scaring me and wondering if I have to sit on them more. I have 4 original 6 speed MKIVs I want to start selling one at a time .

I don't know what to ask for or where to start :confused: . They were all built by known performance motor shops on this forum. Two with hardtop and two with targa . One hardtop and one targa has 3.4 stroker and the other two has built 3.0. All above 1krwhp. None of them are over 120k miles on their gauge clusters and verified with carfax / autocheck history reports. Two of them are below 50k miles. I bought them as is as they are right now . I haven't done anything to them but play with them.

I wonder if it is beneficial to put back all of them stock and sell them as stock 6 speeds then keep all after market parts or built engines . Looks like stock 6 speeds sell better ? I don't see myself keeping forever any of them since I am keeping two high HP SCs as my toys . I don't want to over price nor under price any of them :( . Selling them as stock 6 speed will probably net me better $$$ with me keeping all aftermarket parts / engines ? I doubt there will be a lot willing to spend so much on built 6 speeds now with the way prices are currently . I had all of them for at least 6 years now . Prices I got them are way different then for built cars so I really am weighing all my options.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Gerry most of the time putting back to stock or mostly stock will get you the most $$. You have all of the parts.....so just do one at a time. :)

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
^^^ :yum: That's a good idea ! Looks like that is what I will do especially with the 2 Hardtops since they are selling for top notch $$$ now. One has 38k miles and one has 65k miles. Bringing them to stock drive and powertrain seems to fetch good $$$ and I get to keep a lot of aftermarket parts and built engines :drool: . I just have to find stock parts like 220mm torsen lsds so I can take out the TRD diffs on those differentials. Stock clutches / pressure plates are still available I believe.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts