Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to throw up my Ign timing map that was already in the Power-FC ECU (tuned by previous owners shop not in USA) for comments on how aggressive it is and or suitability for my cars setup/use. I do not know if that is OK to do, I will not name the Tuner. I just want comments on the Maps suitability for my setup. If some respected members/moderators say its OK to do so I'll post it up for comments. Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Why wouldn't it be ok?
I was not sure if it would be considered Intellectual property and upset any Tuners that might support the forum. Phil.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Well Phil, IMO if you paid for a tune, then those numbers are your property. If the previous owner paid for it and sold it to you, that still makes it yours to me. That is how I see it anyhow.

-Brian

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, Here it is. I have had to make up a spread sheet and enter the amounts as I do not have the software to download the file. RPM across the Top and Load 1-20 at the side. Hope you can read the figures OK. The car ran great on the OEM ECU timing with 94oct + Meth inj at 22psi boost and I will be running 22-24 psi boost now, so I assume if this map is less aggressive than OEM I should be fine..... Fire away, Phil.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Load 1-20? Is this calculated load of some sort? Forgive me, I'm not familiar with the PowerFC system.
Yes, full noise uphill in 5th gear you would be in the 18-20 range of cells and cruising at 55mph on flat road you might be in 4-8 row some where. You can trace the map so after say a pull in 4th gear from just of idle to the rev-limit you can see exactly what cells were used so if you register engine knock it is easier to trace it what cells need adjusted. I thought a 20x20 Map like this was common to most stand alone ECU's and even the OEM one I thought has a 20x20 Map? Phil.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
The AEM EMS (I'm very used to) uses actual load points instead of a calculated load cell. I think it makes things easier but, I'm biased. Anywho, assuming you've got full boost around 5k? it seems ok but may be a bit much if you make it to the top load row before then.

I guess nobody else was interested, eh?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
chevyeater-on-sf said:
The AEM EMS (I'm very used to) uses actual load points instead of a calculated load cell. I think it makes things easier but, I'm biased. Anywho, assuming you've got full boost around 5k? it seems ok but may be a bit much if you make it to the top load row before then.

I guess nobody else was interested, eh?
Yeh. I was hoping for a bit more feedback/interest. What I can do with the Power-FC is make a temporary adjustment right across the Ign Map so I could pull 2-3 degrees to really make sure it's safe (moniter knock) and then adjust back up 1 degree at a time across the whole map until it is back to as shown. I think I get full boost under 5000rpm so I might pull the 4400+4800rpm cells in the higher load areas back to be safer for starters as well. Thanks for your input, Cheers Phil. PS In load range 12 @ 4400rpm setting of 33 degrees was a typo on my part it is 23 degress.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Load 1-20? Is this calculated load of some sort? Forgive me, I'm not familiar with the PowerFC system.
I now have the full software program that lets you go deeper into the Power-FC and make more adjustments than the Hand controller allows. This has bought to light the Apexi 1-20 load scale starts at 1=10kpa on up to 10=100kpa and so on until 20 =240kpa. The software lets you adjust this load scale, which I assume in my case of wanting to tune to about 30psi boost means I will want to adjust the scale evenly so it still starts at 1=10 but graduates up to 20=300kpa? I assume this is what you would do with likes of AEM and similar ECU's when setting it up to run max boost 30psi? (with 3 Bar map sensor as well) Thanks Phil.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts