Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone know how to install an ignited kill switch with removable key? Would you install it like you would a starter kill switch? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
I had my n20 setup once with a lock with key. The key looked like a toolbox key. Im sure they are made to support enough power to work for you. Only problem is, your key'd kill switch will not pass tech, Im assuming thats what you want it for?

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am just using it as a regular kill switch. The terminals are huge on this thing. Have no no idea which wires to tap into? " by the way, NICE picture logo"

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Sounds like you got a key'd master disconnect. That would go into your main line to kill power at the starter. You can install it on the positive or negative side to kill power to the car.

H

·
0 Posts
98mkiv said:
no its not rice if you get the one with the key. i have one in the firewall of my car and i take it out when i leave my car so people wont steal it.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
hardtopsilver said:
no its not rice if you get the one with the key. i have one in the firewall of my car and i take it out when i leave my car so people wont steal it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you use a nice Ignited Kill Switch as a cutoff switch? Doesn't that beg to the thief and say look at me look at me...the kill switch is here?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Have you thought about using the clutch bypass switch as a kill device? I hooked up a toggle and you'll never find it ;)

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clutch bypass what is that? Also the switch can be hidden pretty will so thinks is safe. Because of they do find it they still need a key.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
if your manual you just cut the wire going to the switch you have to depress to start the car. I put a toggle switch inline and hid it so if that switch isn't on it won't start. Search and you should find detailed instructions on how to do it.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
do you mean ignited switch as in it blows up when you use it?

or do you mean illuminated switch, as in you can see it in the dark?

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
What, you Americans have those stupid korean design clutches where you have to depress the clutch to start the car? I hate those, so dumb.

Dan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts