Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
The Forbidden Supra said:
The internal logger is that much better? Damn, I wish I had known; I've been using my slow pc to log everything, oops. That's probably why it seems to miss data once in awhile. I'll go make some pulls right now and post the internal log data..
Yea I would be willing to be that you'll see at least some form of knock using the added resolution/speed of internal logging...18deg at peak tq seems a bit much for 18psi and pump to me...Im running about 14 in that area to be safe...

Andrew

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
The Forbidden Supra said:
Ok, I just did a pull in 3rd and 4th (wasn't able to rev real high b/c there was too much traffic).

The knock data actually looks a bit higher in 4th now! Before it always looked like there was more noise in the lower gears, but maybe that's because I wasn't using internal logging before and was missing a lot of the data. Now the data is pretty smooth and consistant... much better. Anywhere, I turned my timing down 5 degrees across the board to help ensure there was no knock, although I didn't put in any race fuel this time. What do you think? This was at only 13 degrees or so at peak torque.

http://www.paul-mendelson.com/images/3rdlow.jpg
http://www.paul-mendelson.com/images/4thlow.jpg

I'll try some pulls later with the timing at 18 degrees peak and see how it compares. This is on 93 octane gas and 11.8:1 a/f with an sp67 .7 ptrim

Are the graphs of map load vs knock raw #1 and #2? I would think you would be alright at 13deg timing unless you got yourself a really bad tank of gas (which has happened to me at one point i had to revert to 11deg to keep from knocking!!) Try to make some pulls with this same timing with some race fuel in the take to separate engine noise from true "knock"....

Andrew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.