Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is an ignition amplifier a must on a single turbo car?

What's the best unit available (B&M, HKS, Jacobs?) and who has experience with them?

When installing should it be permanently on or only when boosting?

Flavio

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i know many guys who are single and only one that i know of uses an ignition amplifier he has the hks ignition amplifier unit!

click here to see his car
i dont think you will need it but thats just a guess!

what plugs do you have in your car right now this might help others to help you!

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i belive if you do a search you will find some topics on this and dont quote me on this but i belive it was stated the stock supra plugs are not good for singles the denso and ngk plugs(forgot the #'s )where recomended to be used on singles and bpu supras

hope this helps

S

·
0 Posts
It made a huge difference on my car...I would call it an almost must have, especially if you have some age/miles on your coil packs, which are almost considered a maintenance item a single turbo car. I have the HKS DLI. It didn't make my car any "faster" or necessarily give it more power, but now I don't have to change my plugs as often. Although you can run a larger gap, I stayed the same at .028. It's also smoothed my idle and smoothed out the exhaust note as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts