Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well my car has been down for about 2 months now and we have been trying random things and checking different sensors and there has been very little if any progress but today as we were working on the car when going to start it it never turned over yet gave a clicking sound from the passenger sid dash now i have been getting a code 14 for months now and im wondering if this could be part of my problem my first thought was to my battery yet as i checked the battery was full so what else could cause this clicking and no starting and a code 14......i was thinking starter since we had to pull the starter to do the clutch before i broke down or maybe the starter relay but not a month before the car broke down i had to replace the ignition switch so could i have done something wrong there? :1poke: any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Anyone??

Edit: Well today the starter works just fine so guess it was heatsoak....still no start but thanks for all the replies.... :ugh2:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
did you try an ignitor? i am experiencing the same code, and have an ignitor on the way to me now.

i verified all my wiring from ecu to ignitor, and from ignitor to ignition coils, have you done that? i also verified i had an e01 ground (manifold ground) going ot the ignitor, as well as 12v going to the ignitor. have you done that?

please let me know what you find

and for fun, i checked the resistance value of my crank sensor, which was still within spec, 1.3k ohms, and verified the wiring from the crank sensor to the ecu.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried everything except a new ignitor but they are so expensive and the closest person with one to me is about 2 hours and thats a long way to pull a car......wish there was a way to check ignitor...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i'm in the exact same boat. i have ordered a used one from the for sale section, and it should be here in a couple of days.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
what happened with this? ever since i got my car back from the shop where i got a new clutch/flywheel installed the car sometimes won't start. all the electrics fire up and i hear one single click, it does'nt crank at all. then sometimes it will fire right up. :dunno: it's driving me nuts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
dumb question but i am trying to figure out which wires from the ecu connect to the igniter,
my harness was snipped at the intake manifold and now i have like 20 something wires without a home!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts