Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 Supra NA, I turn the key and just hear a click, then keep re-trying maybe 3 or 4 times then it starts right up. The number of times it just clicks varies but, it is getting worst. Once it started up and it sounded like the starter was still running for a few seconds. The battery is good. Is this a starter problem or and electrical ( ignition) problem? Please help. Thanks

Z

·
0 Posts
I have never encounter this starting problem but I 've heard many people have problems with their starter just like how you described. its very unlikely your ignition will go out...if it is bad, your car will not run right, missing and hesitating etc.

you can get a starter rebuild kit from Toyota, its cheaper than buying a brand new starter, again, I have no idea how to rebuild a starter.
hope this helps you a little..

Jonas

S

·
0 Posts
Geddy Lee said:
94 Supra NA, I turn the key and just hear a click, then keep re-trying maybe 3 or 4 times then it starts right up. The number of times it just clicks varies but, it is getting worst. Once it started up and it sounded like the starter was still running for a few seconds. The battery is good. Is this a starter problem or and electrical ( ignition) problem? Please help. Thanks
Mine is now doing the same thing. . .did you replace the starter???. . .how hard was it, and how much did it cost?

·
Registered
240 Posts
it did that on my car too... I tried everything else to fix it but didnt work.... so I changed out my starter and all is well and starting great now.... no more click... click... click... click... click... click... click.... vroooommmmm....

later..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts