Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a PT61 turbo on my IS300. I was doing some street tuning and logged all my sensors. I noticed at around 170 KPa from 4000 RPM and up, my knock sensors detected knock and retarded my timing about 2 degrees in some instances and 1 degree on others (depended on how high the sensor read). I'm wondering if I should let the TEC3 retard the timing or if I should just retard it through my calibration file. If I let the TEC3 retard it, will I cause any long term problems? Here's my timing table, any feedback would be great.

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
justinn5 said:
do not let the TEC retard it, go ahead and pull a little timing. Are you on 91 octane?

Justin
I'm on 93 octane Justin. Just a FYI, I ended up using a PFS calibration file. I should be fine if I change the timing values on my file to the ones you used on Chris Lai's calibration file right?

· Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
trthrrt489 said:
That looks very agressive for 93. I just got a Bin file from a guy that was running C16, and his advance is much less across the board.

On 8.5:1 compression he ended up at 14 degrees up top.

BTW, what were your A/F's looking like, and what is your compression ratio?

I have a Turbo M3 (3.2L)

In the end we are all running boosted straight sixes.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e160/trthrrt489/RaceGas.jpg
Thanks for the pic. My A/F ratios fluctuated from 11.1 to 11.8:1. I have a BL 2.5 mm headgasket so my static compression is around 8.7:1. I took Justin's advice and few other people's and retarded my timing about 3 degrees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.