Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I replaced my OEM spark plugs with NGK 6097's. Started the car and let it idle for 10 minutes without any problems. I then unplugged the ignitor to get to the oil filter because I was trying to change my oil and the previous owner tighten the filter so much. When I got done, I made a stupid mistake and plugged the big ignitor plug in backwards! Now the car won't start, is the ignitor the problem? It won't plug in the back way now. Will buying a new/used ignitor solve my problem? Car is a 95 2JZ-GTE. Any input is appreciate, thanks!

CLIFFS.

Plugged 2JZ-GTE ignitor plug in backwards.
Tried plugging in correct way, but won't fit all the way now.
Tried adjusting pins, but nothing.
Car wont start.....
Is the ignitor the problem?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Did you start it with it in backwards, if so you fried it. Sounds like maybe a connector is stuck in the ignitor plug. Look to see if any of them are broken off or bent, but to answer your question, yes it is your ignitor. The car will not start without one, so iff its not bent and its broke, order a new one from toyota. There around $220 I think? I may be wrong im sure there more now.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You were exactly correct. I figured it out before you replied. A stupid part of the connector was stuck in the plug and i had to take it out. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts