Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beside HKS.... (most know of their DB Illuminating series) .... link to or name and or post pics of any brand/make/model etc of guages that have background illumination .... like the HKS series. I like the HKS series one .. except that they are not US spec readings and they are of course .. HK$. A cheaper guage that had the same blue background and was in metric .. would be very nice. Thanks for anything. Best regards.

you know .. like this ....

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed ... for most cases .. Bishop.

Conundrum.... those look pretty good ... and metric .... and most autometer guages are pretty accurate IIRC. Anymore brands/make/model etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
AWIDESUPIE said:

Conundrum.... those look pretty good ... and metric .... and most autometer guages are pretty accurate IIRC. Anymore brands/make/model etc? Thanks.
I don't know where you got that from. Autometer are ok as far as accuracy, but nothing compared to a quality electronic gauge (especially their boost gauges). Ask trent for a testimonial (autometer to greddy switch).

If you want that blue glow there are only a few other choices (in quality gauges). HKS, Apex'i EL ($$$), or blitz racing meter ac (which is actually a white glow). If you don't want the EL, Defi BF has a kick ass white LED lettering and a awesome start up sequence.

L

·
0 Posts
where would you get these? if it's not okay to say where then just pm me the answer!!!

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
i like the nordskog pro analog. can get diff color schemes- black, white, silver combos and they light up blue. they have a diffuser so only the digits light up. they are electric, peak hold, and can program them. my water temp will record my highest temp and i can set it to trigger my electric fans at whatever temp i want.

my oil pressure gauge has high pressure record AND low pressure record and again the program output. not sure what i will use that for, maybe a warning light. both are 60mm and i think i picked them up for ~$220 for the pair w/ the sending units. they are very accurate gauges and quick to respond.

dave

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
AWIDESUPIE said:

Autometer boost gauges often read a couple psi of boost or vacuum with the car off. That isn't my definition of an accurate gauge. There are good Autometers, they just cost as much as the Japanese gauges.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
:TTIWWP:

Looking for some Apexi ELII, DEFI, Blitz, and others. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts