Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
IJM Mafia!
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CLIFFS: look at the pictures and tell me if you see anything wrong

so i decided friday that i'd start to do some much-needed maintenance on the supra, i figured i'd start with the thermostat, coolant and oil, long story short, my dad wasn't home much this weekend and i couldn't borrow tools from him today

i jack the car up, come to see that the jackstands won't go under the frame because the jack only goes so high, so i decide i'll leave it and try my best to work around it

so i scooch myself under the car to see this big thing of plastic (i'm a retard and don't know what it's called) blocking the engine, so i take out my trusty socket set, pull out the smallest one, it's too small, so i take out the next biggest size, and it was too big, so i figured i'd just take some pictures of the underside of the car and see what you guys think, because while i know general things about cars, the only time i've worked on a car was to learn to do brakes (but i did check online to see how to do oil and coolant)

front to back

back to front

front to back from the left side

·
Dont question the good Dr
474 Posts
:crazy: thats a lot of rust under that baby!! That big peice of plastic is just a big guard to keep road debris out of the engine bay. It comes right off. Most MKIII's dont even have that anymore.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
looks like some cob webs...lots of leaked fluid...those bolts are 10mm for the engine undercover.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The only thing I notice is that busted A jack and no jackstands. You couldn't pay me to crawl under there.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
SO what is it your Asking? You still around? i thought you sell that car already, since after 1285 post you dont know how to take out a 10mm bolt.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
Rusty camber bolts, that will be fun.

I know you're not crawling under a car held up only by that shitty jack.......

·
Dont question the good Dr
474 Posts
ok normally I wouldnt give a shit, but damn looking at that jack makes me afraid lol. Get together $100 and go to harbor freight. Pick up the following:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=4172

I know it says retail is 54.99, but I just picked up a second one last weekend on sale for 39.95.

Also, pick up a pair or two of these:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=38846

You can get a pair on sale for around 18 bucks. So get buy a real floor jack and 4 real 3 ton jack stands for under 100 bucks. Its a wise investment considering your average MKIII weighs around 3400 lbs. Supra + gravity > you.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Hey you see those portable gas tanks? Set them on fire!

But seriously, I read your post and looked at your pics...I don't know what the fuck you're looking at. LMAO

1 - 20 of 40 Posts