Supra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i never really left since I have had supras continuously since 1999, but my old one is still resting so i got another one. Still thinking what to do with it, its 92 sunroof, turbo, 5 speed, original teal car with shity tape and spray respray. engine runs strong, need new clutch and figure out what to do about the power:)))

thinking about transferring some goodies from the maroon one, but not sure if i need t67 in this as i want it to be more streetable. Anyhow just checking in interesting to see whos still here, from OG pplz:))

few pic for no reason

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Super Moderator
Love seeing the OG's posting again! Welcome back dude! 馃嵑

Your old 87 still running and just nonop'd or what? Given your situation, unless the 87 wasn't ever going to run again I'd leave it as-is with an OG build, and just get the 92 sorted out with some nice clean updates and cruise it.
Haven't seen an intact Bomex kit on a MKIII in a hell of a long time, either! So keep that! :)

Reactions: dziuggy

Registered
Glad the 1999 passion is still strong after 22 years and welcome back to the madness. Here's an interesting overlay: The project car I bought out of a barn and I'm nearly ready to start was parked in 1999 and has not run since. I will change that shortly. At least the teal is actually a pretty cool color!!

Registered
yesssss

we are going to talk about power and fuel and boost. im in. nice 92

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Love seeing the OG's posting again! Welcome back dude! 馃嵑

Your old 87 still running and just nonop'd or what? Given your situation, unless the 87 wasn't ever going to run again I'd leave it as-is with an OG build, and just get the 92 sorted out with some nice clean updates and cruise it.
Haven't seen an intact Bomex kit on a MKIII in a hell of a long time, either! So keep that! :)
87 was running fine, (10k miles since rebuild) but at some point, I was going to part it out. So few thigs are of the car. Main one being I sold SAFC, and took out maft translator. so at minimum it needs safc and retune. I haven't driven it for over 10 years:( Still has all the other stuff though, t67> OG long runner HKS cast manifold, hks wastegate, blitz bov, OG real mk3 spearco IC, HKS EVC, zeixtronix wideband/egr setup with display, custco strut bars ++, the most surprising this is a nice crack fee dash:))) unlike 92:)))

I't might be good idea to keep it OG as I don't want topend build on the 92. I'm thinking ~400whp on 91 with quick spooling turbo, but at the same time have to set a budget etc, it might get expensive and corona times haven't been kind to me (restaurant business).

Also teal car has shit paint and some other issues, body kit is not OG bomex, i think its shine probably, also while wheels are ok looking i have streched tire look, but rims might be too wide to put normal tires. good thing is i'm not in the rush:))

Reactions: Wreckless

Super Moderator
87 was running fine, (10k miles since rebuild) but at some point, I was going to part it out. So few thigs are of the car. Main one being I sold SAFC, and took out maft translator. so at minimum it needs safc and retune. I haven't driven it for over 10 years:( Still has all the other stuff though, t67> OG long runner HKS cast manifold, hks wastegate, blitz bov, OG real mk3 spearco IC, HKS EVC, zeixtronix wideband/egr setup with display, custco strut bars ++, the most surprising this is a nice crack fee dash:))) unlike 92:)))

I't might be good idea to keep it OG as I don't want topend build on the 92. I'm thinking ~400whp on 91 with quick spooling turbo, but at the same time have to set a budget etc, it might get expensive and corona times haven't been kind to me (restaurant business).

Also teal car has shit paint and some other issues, body kit is not OG bomex, i think its shine probably, also while wheels are ok looking i have streched tire look, but rims might be too wide to put normal tires. good thing is i'm not in the rush:))
Honestly, dude, I'd keep all the OG hard parts on the 87. Just add a modern ECU like an ECUMaster Black along with modern injectors, sensors, and ignition system. You'd be amazed at how much a modern ECU improves everything from driveability to MPG to consistent HP and all that good stuff.

For the '92, I'd focus on making it run well with whatever hard parts/ECU stuff it has, and even if it's near stock just get things clean and nice. Make a decision on a ~400whp build or going bigger or more modern from there. The most important thing is getting it healthy and getting more miles ticking by on that odometer! 馃嵑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly, dude, I'd keep all the OG hard parts on the 87. Just add a modern ECU like an ECUMaster Black along with modern injectors, sensors, and ignition system. You'd be amazed at how much a modern ECU improves everything from driveability to MPG to consistent HP and all that good stuff.

For the '92, I'd focus on making it run well with whatever hard parts/ECU stuff it has, and even if it's near stock just get things clean and nice. Make a decision on a ~400whp build or going bigger or more modern from there. The most important thing is getting it healthy and getting more miles ticking by on that odometer! 馃嵑
yes that is the plan, engine is very healthy. Previous owner did head gasket, arp studs, fuel pump, water pump, timing belt, shifter bearing and some other things.

My main issue is cosmetics, body has shitty respray and there are dings on the hood, doors, etc. Dash is cracked, seats were redone but shit again. If i want to make it nice it needs 6-8k paintjob with all the prep. Most annoyingly they sprayed over a lot of rubber and plastic parts and a lot of them are not available any more.

and then the rims.. it has XXR 521, but it think rear ones are 11.5" it has 265s on and they are stretched, so looks like it needs 295-305s and it would stick out an almost an inch outside the fender.

it also has some BS coilovers in the front and stock tems in the back, I have to do clutch so now trying to figure out what clutch, as i want to drive it a lot, so need something good for the street. thinking maybe oem pressure plate with ACT street full face disk. then i need to make sure bushings are good and all that

I actually have 2nd HKS cast long runner manifold laying around, as well as extra tubular SS ebay special, but i need turbo and for street duty ball bearing is probably way to go unless i want to play with SP quick spool thing, looks interesting but don't have much info gathered yet

Cheers

Reactions: Wreckless

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way reading about Ecumaster EMU is black worth it over classic for mk3?

Super Moderator
yes that is the plan, engine is very healthy. Previous owner did head gasket, arp studs, fuel pump, water pump, timing belt, shifter bearing and some other things.

My main issue is cosmetics, body has shitty respray and there are dings on the hood, doors, etc. Dash is cracked, seats were redone but shit again. If i want to make it nice it needs 6-8k paintjob with all the prep. Most annoyingly they sprayed over a lot of rubber and plastic parts and a lot of them are not available any more.

and then the rims.. it has XXR 521, but it think rear ones are 11.5" it has 265s on and they are stretched, so looks like it needs 295-305s and it would stick out an almost an inch outside the fender.

it also has some BS coilovers in the front and stock tems in the back, I have to do clutch so now trying to figure out what clutch, as i want to drive it a lot, so need something good for the street. thinking maybe oem pressure plate with ACT street full face disk. then i need to make sure bushings are good and all that

I actually have 2nd HKS cast long runner manifold laying around, as well as extra tubular SS ebay special, but i need turbo and for street duty ball bearing is probably way to go unless i want to play with SP quick spool thing, looks interesting but don't have much info gathered yet

Cheers
A 2nd HKS longrunner? :D dude that's an awesome score!!!!! I'm honestly jealous as hell! But if you're wanting to run a SP spool valve you'll need an open manifold with a divided housing turbo. The HKS longrunner being a divided flange means it doesn't work with the SP QS valve. Turbos have also come a long, long way too and the OG turbos we got used to are absolutely archaic compared to what's available now.

Sucks to hear about the respray, but a factory teal car is worth the restoration effort and saving it. It's heartbreaking to think about how OG's like us took so many replacement OEM parts for granted.

XXR 521's weren't made wider than 18x10, so it depends on the 265's as some of them run kinda narrow thanks to the whole stancelife trend going on. From the looks of it, I'd guess they were 18x8.5 +35 front and 18x10 +25 rear. Fairly popular wheel with the budget wheel crowd on other Supras.

Driftmotion offers some surprisingly decent clutches and such, no need to get weird just stick with the stock flywheel and a nice upgraded pressure plate and sprung hub clutch disc for ~400whp goals. ACT's are old school and kinda pricey for what else you can get these days.
Coilovers have come a long way, just don't buy anything cheaper than Tein or Megan. The classic TEMS compatible Tokico Illumnina's and even the Tokico blues are all discontinued, same for the Eibach springs.
These days it's either a KYB excel-G 'stock replacement' that deletes TEMS, along with whatever springs you can find - or it's Tein/Megan coilovers or better. It's definitely worth the money to dive into higher end coilovers like Fortune Auto or Feal 441+'s.

By the way reading about Ecumaster EMU is black worth it over classic for mk3?
If you've got an EMU classic in hand, just use it. But if you're buying now I'd definitely opt for the EMU black. Once you add an appropriate crank sensor and update the CPS, and get some modern EV14 or similar injectors to boot, you'll be very happy with the results!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts