Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1jz w/ r154 and i cant get the trans. out Ive unbolted the drive shaft and taken it off, undone the clutch slave cyld. and removed all the bell housing bolts. everything i can think of. but when i go to pull it out it hit the fire wall, so i thought if i unbolt the motor and lifted it a bit i thought i could pull it out. no such luck. Its so tight under there that i beleive the motor was dropped in w/ the motor or that the tran has never been removed. If anyone has any ideas about how to get it out, that would be great. I really dont want to pull the motor.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the manual you have is for the 86-92 right? Do they make one for the 1jz at all, i need the trouqe spec on the fly wheel for when i put the new one in, i have a Spec stage two waiting to go in but im going to resurface the flywheel first. I hope to have the car up and going by sunday morning. I am going to a meet and want to take the car.

· Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well, it took forever to get the flywheel resurfaced and im ready to put it all back together, but i dont think ill be able to put it all back the way i took it off. i dont think everything will line up. I was going to tilt the engine back by unbolting the mounts and slide the trans on that way. has antone ever done it this way before. is there something i sould know before i do it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.